Re: Web server slow this morning

> Hi Robert,
>
> The web server is very slow as of 10:30 PDT this morning. The ftp
> server is intermittently slow also.

     Eric had to reboot the webserver this morning because of this behavior and
he wasn't able to determine exactly why at the time but a post-mortum analysis
of the logs makes it appear that portmapper died.

     The Linux portmapper has a way to save the registered ports to a file and
to load from that file so I think I can modify the start up script to do a dump
and then add another to check and restart if necessary.  I'll grind on it.  But
it's not a frequent problem, I see this maybe every 2-3 years.