Web Server

     The web server with the increased parameters ran clean until today.  This
afternoon we had to reboot because of OOPS followed by out of receive packet
descriptors.  It is not clear if the system is really out of descriptors or if
this just resulted from some other software malfunction in the kernel that
caused the OOPS.  I haven't seen this one before so at this point I'm just
going to keep an eye on it and see whether this was a fluke or becomes a
pattern.  OOPS like this can be a software fault in the kernel but if that is
the case they'd be regular.  They can also be caused by things like cosmic-ray
random bit flips, failing hardware, etc.  Again need to pattern to see where it
points to, a single occurance doesn't provide enough data.

 Eskimo North Linux Friendly Shells, Web Hosting, 56K/ISDN/DSL, 2-Week Trial!
    Internet access with real toll-free human help as low as $9.00 / month!