News Server

     A power supply for an external drive case that houses the drives for the
news spool died today which is the cause of eskinews being down.

     I've replaced the power supply but since it died while the machine was
operating there is the potential for file system corruption or disk format
corruption.

     Accordingly, I'm running a bad blocks check on the drives to remove any
defective blocks and then a file system check to audit the integrity of the
news spool file system.

     This does take many hours, depending upon how much damage was done.  A
minimum of three and possibly more than 24, but UUCP mail transport should be
back up and operational.