news

     Sorry news was down all day yesterday.  Before I went to bed I had shut it
down and fired off a bad blocks and fsck to remove a bad disk block from
service.  This takes about four hours so I typed all the commands for it to do
this and restart news, only I mis-typed them.

     I got up and found that it hadn't run and restarted it this afternoon.
Then a friend sprained her ankle and we weren't sure of it was sprained or
broken or what and had to take her to the hospital and it took six hours for
someone to see her.

     So I didn't get back to late.  But it is back up now.  For the moment at
least, the mysterious ethernet memory errors seemed to have stopped.