Web

     Last night we had an incidence on our web server where output traffic all
the sudden shot up to about 60mbit/s and stayed there for more than an hour.

     I was unable to determine the cause last night however, the server locked
up once and I had to reboot it, and then when it came back up there was some
strange behavior.

     I found someone was SYN flooding the MySQL server port and so changed the
settings so that it does not listen for external connections.

     However, I am concerned that someone may have some misbehaving PHP or CGI
scripts in their website.