Web Server Weirdness

     I had to reboot the web server today, technical details follow:

     The CPU load was real heavy on the webserver today.  I chased it down to a
large amount of mail being stuck in the sendmail queue (mail that is received
from webforms or sent via webmail or initiated internally such as cron job
reports).

     I attemped to run a queue run manually and for each piece of mail it said
transient parse error, can not access '.forward'.

     On that machine I could cat the .forward files fine so I'm not sure why
sendmail was unable to access them.

     I rebooted the system after which a queue run ran successfully, cleaning
out the queue, and CPU occupancy returned to normal levels.