[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Integera service cut off outage, lack of communication abilityissues, and server recovery.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Integera service cut off outage, lack of communication abilityissues, and server recovery.
- From: Nanook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 03:04:04 -0800 (PST)
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Resent-date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 03:04:02 -0800
- Resent-from: email@example.com
- Resent-message-id: <Il8yoB.A.LfB.i0T_KB@ultra7.eskimo.com>
- Resent-sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
We were without connection to the world starting Tuesday afternoon, about 3pm Pacific time until about 6pm Thursday evening. This was due to a billing miscommunication between myself and Integra, who provides our T1 connection and our phones. When we got our service restored the mail servers and web server got hammered with traffic. Mostly to catch up with the past two days of not existing to the world. This overloaded the NFS on Ultra1 and Ultra7 and caused both to crash. We got everything back up and online as of Friday 1:00am Pacific time. In the event that for some reason we are disconnected from the world again, like we were this week, Eric and I are looking at setting up a word press or forum or some sort of blog some place off site so we still have some way of communicating to our customers about an outage and about the status of such outage, should one ever happen again. There has been an organizational change with Eskimo North as some of you have already heard, if you looked at twitter or saw the long thread in the Ubuntu forums. Robert Dinse has been sentenced to prison for 2-3 years. I will not go into why, or any details, as I wish to respect his privacy. In his place I, Carl Dinse, his oldest son am managing the business while he is away. I will be making an announcement in a few days regarding all the rumors that have been going around about Robert Dinse and Eskimo North. I owe a big thanks to all of our customers for their continued support. Thank you. -- Carl Dinse Eskimo North Inc. -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- Eskimo North Linux Friendly Internet Access, Shell Accounts, and Hosting. Knowledgable human assistance, not telephone trees or script readers. See our web site: http://www.eskimo.com/ (206) 812-0051 or (800) 246-6874.