Multiple-server outage 3/16 evening.

      Yesterday's outage was due to power surge during the peak of yesterday's
windstorm that burned out the power supply in our 24 port Linksys Ethernet
switch.  I have verified this by taking apart the switch and inspecting the
power supply. Having a background in electronic repair is becoming quite
helpful.

      Thankfully, we had a twin to the 24-port switch at the house, and an older
switch at the house that wasn't in use.  So I installed the older switch at the
house and took the still working 24 port from the house and to our co-location
to bring things back online.

-Carl

--
support@eskimo.com     |   Voice help available 9am to 5pm (PST) Mon-Fri
PO Box 55816           |     (Temporarily closed Saturday and Sunday)