[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Multiple-server outage 3/16 evening.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Multiple-server outage 3/16 evening.
- From: Eskimo North Support <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:39:05 -0700
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Resent-date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:39:06 -0700
- Resent-from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-message-id: <SQfevD.A.o3B.6ORoLB@ultra7.eskimo.com>
- Resent-sender: email@example.com
- User-agent: Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (X11/20090817)
Yesterday's outage was due to power surge during the peak of yesterday's windstorm that burned out the power supply in our 24 port Linksys Ethernet switch. I have verified this by taking apart the switch and inspecting the power supply. Having a background in electronic repair is becoming quite helpful. Thankfully, we had a twin to the 24-port switch at the house, and an older switch at the house that wasn't in use. So I installed the older switch at the house and took the still working 24 port from the house and to our co-location to bring things back online. -Carl -- Eskimo North Support | Voice Numbers - (206)812-0051 or 800-246-6874 firstname.lastname@example.org | Voice help available 9am to 5pm (PST) Mon-Fri PO Box 55816 | (Temporarily closed Saturday and Sunday) Seattle, WA 98155-0816 | Fax us at - (206)812-0054