[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
xena crash, casecading effect.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: xena crash, casecading effect.
- From: Eskimo Support Staff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 15:34:52 -0700 (PDT)
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Resent-date: Mon, 23 May 2011 15:35:40 -0700
- Resent-from: email@example.com
- Resent-message-id: <-iPHBC.A.9uD.8Eu2NB@ultra7.eskimo.com>
- Resent-sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sometime this morning xena, which is our file server went down. This server rarely crashes, I think it's only crashed once in the past 2 years until today. As a result the web server, mail server, and DNS servers all hung attempting to access files on xena. Although I was able to reboot xena remotely, the other servers wouldn't accept the reboot commands and required a trip to the Bellevue co-lcation. All is restored now. -Carl Dinse Eskimo North Support | Voice Numbers - (206)812-0051 or 800-246-6874 email@example.com | Voice help available 9am to 5pm (PST) Mon-Fri PO Box 55816 | (Temporarily closed Saturday and Sunday) Seattle, WA 98155-0816 | Fax us at - (206)812-0054