Multiple web server outages

Last weekend, and this weekend (Sunday at about 12:40pm Pacific we had some
web server outages.  This effects all virtual domains and web hosting.  The
recent outages have been caused by a user running about 5-10 different
instances of "usr/bin/httpds".  I'm not sure yet what that is, I think it's
a broken PHP script at this point.  These processes have been wedging the
cpu, which eventually if not caught right away leads to an NFS runaway
hang.  Tonight we had the problems again but I caught it before the server
ran away from me.  I was able to kill the processes without a reboot, and
now the server is responding with normal speed again.  During this time web
mail was timing out.

-Carl Dinse

support@eskimo.com     |   Voice help available 9am to 5pm (PST) Mon-Fri
PO Box 55816           |     (Temporarily closed Saturday and Sunday)
Seattle, WA 98155-0816 |        Fax us at - (206)812-0054