web server outage

At about 11PM (December 29th) the web server went down.  I noticed it
wasn't responding at about midnight.  This was a hard crash with no
warning, the machine just froze up.  I had to manually power it down and
back up at the Bellevue co-location to restore services.   Services
effected, all web pages, including web mail.   Email via pop3 and imap may
have been halted as well during this time as the mail server was waiting
for the web server.  I was able to figure out the time the web server went
down by the mail server's load spike.

-Carl Dinse

support@eskimo.com     |   Voice help available 9am to 5pm (PST) Mon-Fri
PO Box 55816           |     (Temporarily closed Saturday and Sunday)
Seattle, WA 98155-0816 |        Fax us at - (206)812-0054