Subject: Gudgel Notes from Dr. James S. Pope-Columbia, MO- Page 5 of 6

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 09:45:26 -0400

GUDGEL FAMILY (PAGE 5 CONTINUED)

26 July 1791  This may certify that I this day celebrated the marriage
between Jacob
      Gudshall and Drusey Driskill according to law for the given
under my hand this
      26th day of Jukly, 1791.  G. Woodfield.

12 January 1792  Andrew Gudshall married Jane Mitchell. (John Gudgel
signed bond).  (This Andrew is the son of Andrew, Sr.).

9 Oct. 1792  Polley Gudshall and Michael Odam married by James Duprey.

4 October 1793  Andrew Gudshall (Sr.) married Betsey Payne.

28 May, 1804  John Gudgel married Jane (Jean) Harbison, daughter of
Catherine Harbison furnished note of consent which dates 23 May.

12 Juky, 1808  Abram Gudgel married Elizabeth Harbison, daughter of
Catherine Harbison who gave consent.
                                      ________________________________

>From a file of Gudgel material at the Ky. Hist. Soc. the following was copied:

The bill filed Sept. 17, 1819 states the heirs at law of Andrew
Gudshall, deceased as follows:
Andrew Gudshall
Daniel Wordfield (Woodfield) and Elizabeth, his wife, formerly
Elizabeth Gudshall
Jacob Stucker and Sarah, his wife, formerly Sarah Gudshall.
Michael Odem and Mary, his wife, formerly Mary Gudshall
Jean Gudshall
Jesse Musick and Hannah, his wife, formerly Hannah Gudshall.
Sophia Gudshall
Nancy Gudshall
Helen Gudshall
Willaim Gudshall

(I'm unable to ex[lain what has become of Abram, John, and Jacob at
this point of time.  There is no doubt that these are also sons of
Andrew, Sr. - JSP)
                                    ______________________________

Notes by James S. Pope:  I believe that Andrew, Sr. left Bucks Co.,
Pa. earlier than is indicated in some of the other material.   They
stopped for some time at Fayette Co., Pa.  There Andrew had entered,
surveyed and patented some land during the mid 1770's.  When he came
there and when he left may never be determined but I suspect that he
left Fayette Co., Pa. around the date mentioned in one of the other
documents  I infer that the children of the first wife remained there
at Fayette Co. and that they worked their way westward through Ohio
and some settled in Jefferson Co., Indiana.  This would mean that the
first wife, Catherine, died about 1760's.  Andrew, Sr. probably
married his second wife about 1768, and from this union the children
who we find in Kentucky are decended.  There is no indication at this
time when the second wife died but we might guess that death occurred
in Penn. or son after coming to KY.  JSP--- 19 December, 1979.  (A
great deal of research remains to be accomplished).