Subject: Obituary: Edward Franklin Gudgel (1923-2014)

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 11:40:02 -0400

Obituary: The News Press (printed Aug. 10, 2014)

Dr. Edward F. Gudgel (1923-2014)
In loving memory of Dr. Edward F. Gudgel, June 27, 2014:
Sr. Edward F. Gudgel passed away on June 27,, 2014 at Cypress Cove.
He was born January 16, 1923 in Berlin Center, Ohio to Dr. and Mrs.
William T. Gudgel.  He is survived by his wife, Charline, daughter
Anne Sottile and sons Robert and Daniel Sottile, son John Edward, wife
Dorothy and Daughter, Jackie Gudgel, son Richard and wife Reverend
Lisa Lancaster.  His daughter Patricia passed away June 30, 2014
leaving her daughters Laura Griffin and Kate Williams.

Edward graduated from the University of Buffalo Medical School in
1946, Doctor of Dermatology and Syphilology from the University of
Minnesota in 1947.  He was in the Army Medical Corp from 1947 to 1954,
serving at Letterman Army Hospital in San Francisco from 1947 to 1949
and at Tokyo Army Hospital in Tokyo, Japan until 1953.  This was
during the Korean crisis and he received the Korean Medal of Honor at
that time.  His last year was spent at Murphy Army Hospital in
Waltham, Massachusetts.

He practiced Dermatology for 35 years in Buffalo, NY, retiring in 1985
to Ft. Myers where he obtained his medical license in Florida.  In
Florida he Volunteered in a Catholic Senior Medical Center in North
Fort Myers and was on the Lee Memorial Hospital Board for four years
in the 1990's.

A memorial service will be held at Cypress Cove on Saturday, August 16
at 3:00 p.m.  He would have been married 70 years on August 19.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Edward Franklin Gudgel's line is as follows:

Andrew Gudgel, Sr.
William Gudgel
Edward Thomas Gudgel
William Craig Gudgel
William Thomas Gudgel
Edward Franklin Gudgel