Subject: Seems Andrew Sr was the one who rioted

From: Dianne Holmes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:29:15 -0800

Just ran across this old message that appears to settle the question about 
whether it was Jr or Sr who was arrested for rioting in 1772. Steve Varvel sent 
our list-group many messages in yrs past with very good references documenting 
his research. If this can be checked out again, I think we have our answer--it 
was Old Andrew  Sr who was arrested for rioting because Andrew Jr seems to have 
been born in 1767 in Redstone, Fayette Co, PA. If others of you have Jr's DOB as 
1767 and his mom as Barbara, then he would have been too young to have been 
rioting in 1772.

What do you think?

Dianne Gudgel-Holmes

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Varvel connection in PA
Resent-Date: 	Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:58:32 -0700
Resent-From: 	[email-masked]
Date: 	Tue, 4 Jun 2002 12:13:43 -0700
From: 	Steve Varvel <[email-masked]>
To: 	<[email-masked]>

Hi Gudgel researchers!
I jumped into your ongoing discussion here about a year ago looking for 
connections between Old Andrew Gudgel's family and my Varvel ancestors. They 
lived close together on the Monongahela, followed each other to Glens Creek in 
Woodford County, and continued on (some to Bath County, KY, others to Jefferson 
County, IN). However, I haven't come across any marriage links.
While pursuing this I came across "John Conrad Bucher's Pastoral Record, 
Cumberland and Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, 1763-1769"
in the records of Ancestry.com. They list the birth date of "Andreas Godshal" as 
9-23-1767. His father was also "Andreas", and his mother was "Anna Barbara". He 
was baptized there at Redstone (now Fayette County) on 11-131-1768, sponsored by 
my Johannes Wirbel (aka John Varvel) and his wife Elizabeth.
I never knew the name of Johns wife until know, and I suspect she may have been 
a Gudgel. Does anyone know if "Old Andrew" may have had a sister named Elizabeth?
Thanks!
Steve Varvel