Subject: Obituary: Lester Albert Gudgell (1924-2006)

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 23:08:30 -0500

Obituary, Tampico, Whiteside Co., IL
LESTER A. GUDGEL, age 82, of the Klein Center in Burlington, Iowa and
formerly of Yorktown, Illinois died Saturday, August 26, 2006 at the
University Hospital in Iowa City, Iowa. Lester was born on February 21,
1924 in Thomas, Illinois, the son of John E. and Anna Thomas Gudgell. He
was united in marriage to Anita Gumfory on November 21, 1955 in Cambridge,
Illinois and she preceded him in death on November 11, 1999. He then
married Hilda Judd on June 1, 2001 in Burlington, Iowa. He was a Tech III
HNS Company 175th Engr. Reg./crane operator in the United States Army
during WWII serving in Italky. He owned and operated Gudgell and Gudgell
Ditching and was a member of the Yorktown Church of Christ. He is survived
by his wife Hilda Gudgell of Burlington, Iowa; one daughter Linda Lou (Lee)
Hanson of Cedar Rapids, Iowa; two grandchildren, Matthew (Angela) Hanson of
Webster City, Iowa, Amanda (Jacob) Anesi of Cedar Falls, Iowa; one sister
Lois Miller of Prophetstown, Illinois; five step children; eight step
grandchildren; one step great grandson; and numerous nieces and nephews. He
was preceded by his parents, wife Anita, two sons Donald in infancy and
David, two brothers Lyle and Leo. Graveside funeral services will be held
on Thursday at 11:00 a.m. at the Yorktown Cemetery. Garland Funeral Home is
in charge of arrangements.
************************************************************************
 Hi Folks-
This Lester Albert Gudgell is a descendant of Daniel Gudgell as follows:
Andrew, Sr.
Daniel
Mahlon
Milton
Charles Thornton
John Edward
Lester Albert

I  was trying to find where he fit in our tree and it led to an all out
long search but I finally got it (Thanks to ancestry.com).  With a new year
here I am trying to sift through the stacks of collected information and
get some order in this research.  I got the Holiday Homes Tour over, then
got sick, then Christmas, so I am ready for a rest for a bit.

Here's wishing all of you a very Happy New Year for 2015!
Linda
from Kentucky