Subject: Gudgel Notes from Dr. James S. Pope-Columbia, MO- Page 2 of 6

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 09:37:38 -0400

OUR DRISKILL LINEAGE
                                  Page 2

Timothy Driskill
marr. Priscilla (Surname Unknown)
of Granville Co., NC

One would suppose that Timothy Driskell was of Irish descent.
_______________________________________________________________________
Jacon Gudgel (Gudshall)
marr. 2 July, 1791
Druscilla (Drusey) Driskell
in Woodford Co., KY

Jacob Gudgel is the son of Andrew Gudgel who (I believe) came from
Fayette Co., PA sometime in the 1780's.  Other researchers on the
Gudgel lineage have said that the family are descendants of an "Andrew
Gudgel, who was born in the Palatine, Germany in 1729," and came to
PA.  I am unable to comment on this tradition either way at this time.
_______________________________________________________________________

Elijah Gudgel
marr. 31 May, 1819
Lydia (Milly) Bell
in Mercer Co., KY

Rev. John Penny performaed the ceremony.  We have documentation that
Lydia Bell was born in VA about 1798.  I believe that she came from
Orange Co., VA but am unable to definitely establish who her parents
were.  I think that she was the daughter of William and Rhoda (Atkins)
Bell of Mercer Co., KY.  However this is based on inconclusive data at
this date.
_______________________________________________________________________

Richard Henry Crossfield
marr. 16 Nov., 1843
Martha Gudgel
in Anderson Co., KY

Martha was the second daughter of Elijah and Lydia Gudgel.  The first
daughter (Amanda) married Woodford Crossfield, who was an older
brother of Richard Henry Crossfield.
_______________________________________________________________________

Squire Martin Ware
marr. 9 Nov., 1875
Martha Belle Crossfield
in Anderson Co., KY

The official return of this marriage is recorded at the County Clerk's
office at Lawrenceburg, Anderson Co., KY in the Minister's Return Book
on page 31, marriage number 86.  W.E. Bell and Thomas McMurry signed
as the official witnesses.

_______________________________________________________________________

                       21 October, 1976
James S. Pope

       227 Hyacinth Ct.

        Kirkwood, MO  63122