Subject: Obituary: Harriel Lee Gudgell, Lexington, KY

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 16:11:26 -0500

Hello Gudgel folks-
A cousin of ours has passed away this week and I wanted to share this
with the list.  Harriell was one of the Gudgell's out of Bath Co., KY.
 He and his brother, Paul, visited me a number of years ago to talk
about the Gudgel/Gudgell family and we had corresponded over the years
since.  Harriel's line ran as follows:
Harriel Lee Gudgell 1922-2013
Wallace Lee Gudgell 1892-1962
Louis Calf Gudgell 1850-1939
Joseph Gudgell 1822-1903
Allen Gudgell 1788-1868
Andrew Gudgel/Gudgell, Jr. 1767-1840
Andrew Gudgel/Gudshall, Sr. 1727-1815
Frederick Gottschall 1701-1748

Best Wishes for the new Year to all my extended Gudgel family.  Hope
to be more active with my genealogy in 2014!
Linda Gudgel Finnell
Woodford Co., KY

_____________________________________________________________________

ObituaryL Lexington Herald-Leader, Lexington, KY- December 28, 2013:
GUDGELL, Harriel Lee, 91 years, died peacefully at the Veteran's
Affairs Hospital on Leestown Road, Hospice Unit, Thursday, December
26, 2013 after a short illness.  Harriell was the son of Rebecca Wade
and Wallace Gudgell and grew up on a farm near Paris, KY.  During WWII
he served in the Army Air Force.  As ab adult he and his wife, Dee
Gragg Gudgell, continued to farm on Greenwich Road in Fayette County.
Upon retirement they left the farm and moved "to town".  There he
continued to "farm" by tending his yard and growing tomatoes.  During
this past year he and Dee have enjoyed being with old friends and
forming new friendships while residing at Richmond Place.  Harriell
was a long time active member in the Disciples of Christ Christian
Church community.  His membership spanned many years ast Antioch
Christian Church, in later years he transferred his memberhsip to
Crestwood Christian Church after moving to town.  Harriell was a
member of a large, lose-knit family.  He is survived by his wife of 68
years, Dee Gragg Gudgell; sons, Henry (Kathy) and Harriell "Butch"
(Shirley), and daughter, Nancy Gladd (Bill).  He was predeceased by
daughter Rebecca Gudgell Miller.  He has seven grandchildren:
Carolyn, Trey, Emily, Drew, Clay, Brian and Krista and five
great-grandchildren: Maggie, Ethan, Christian, Asha and Rebecca.  His
large close =-knit family also included his siblings Paul (Dorothy,
Helen Wilmott (Warren), Jane Young (Dale) and Betty Wallace Daniels
(Arnold) and extended to Dee's family, Logan Grgg (Park) nad James
Gragg (Katy), as well as his numerous cherished nieces and nephews.  A
memorial servie will be held 2:30 p.m. Monday at Kerr Brothers Funeral
Home, Harrodsburg Road.  Interment will follow in Bluegrass Memorial
Gardens.  Visitation will be 12:30 pm Monday until the servie time.
Memorials may be made to to VA Hospice, Atten. Diatra Allen, 2260
Leestown Road, Bldg. 27-2. Lexington, KY  40511.