Subject: Obituary for Ruth Winona Forslund Gudgell (1920-2014)

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 00:01:03 -0500

Ruth Winona Gudgell(1920 - 2014)
.

Heaven received another angel November 29, 2014 when our mother;
grandmother; great grandmother; and great great grandmother, Ruth
Winona Forslund Gudgell, age 94, passed away.
Mom was born March 10, 1920, in Salt Lake City, Utah to David August
and Myrle K. Taylor Forslund. Mom met our Dad, George B. Gudgell, on a
blind date and they were married July 26, 1940. Their marriage was
solemnized in the Salt Lake Temple December 4, 1963. Mom and Dad were
charter members of both Willow Creek Country Club in Sandy, Utah, and
Bloomington Country Club in St. George, Utah. Mom was an avid golfer
and received many trophies and awards for her abilities, including a
hole in one. The family enjoyed many years in the family cabin on
Hebgen Lake, MT and in their home in Bloomington, Utah.
In 1983 Mom and Dad were called to serve in the Tampa, Florida,
Mission for the LDS Church and while there Dad passed away and Mom
lived the rest of her 30 years serving her family and her Church. She
was lovingly known many of her great grandchildren as "Grandma Great"
or "Grandma Angel".
Mom will be greatly missed but we are happy that she and Dad are once
again together. She is survived by her five children: Brent (Nan)
Gudgell, Bountiful; Wayne (Sue) Gudgell, Enterprise, UT; Georgia
(Leonard) Christensen, St. George, UT; Gery (Heidi, deceased) Gudgell,
Port Angeles, WA; Denese Lawrence, Salt Lake City. She is also
survived by 17 grandchildren; 45 great grandchildren; and one great
great grandchild.
She was preceded in death by our Dad, her parents and her only sibling
(brother), Wayne Forslund of Paradise, CA.
The family would like to thank the people at The Wellington Assisted
Living Center for their love and care of mom for the past 3 years. We
also would like to thank the nurses that took care of her for 2 1/2
years, Tammy Loock and Brooke Irving, for all the great care and the
love that they shared with mom and the family. Last, but not least,
all of the people at A Step Forward Hospice who have taken care of mom
and the family for the last few months. You are all greatly
appreciated and loved.
Graveside Services will be held Saturday December 6, 2014 at Wasatch
Lawn Memorial Park (3401 South Highland Drive) at 12:00pm with a
viewing beginning at 10:00am.
For online condolences please see www.wasatchlawn.com.

.

Funeral Home
Wasatch Lawn Mortuary
3401 South Highland Drive Salt Lake City, UT 84106
(801) 466-8687

Published in Deseret News on Dec. 4, 2014
_____________________________________________________________
(Note from Linda):  Our heart felt condolences to the family of D.
Brent and Nan Gudgell on the loss of Brent's mother.  Brent and Nan
attended the Gudgel/Gudgell family Reunion in Kentucky several years
ago and it was a pleasure to meet them.  Brent's father, George B.
Gudgell, was out of a line as follows: (Nan, correct me if I am
wrong)-
Andrew Gotschall (Gudgell), Sr.
Jacob Gudgell, Sr.
John Franklin Gudgell
Andrew Jackson Gudgell
George Brown Gudgell, Sr.
George Brown Gudgell, Jr.
George Brown Gudgell, III
Dewey Brent Gudgell

Linda
from Kentucky.