Subject: archival newspapers on-line

From: Dianne Holmes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 08:43:16 -0800

Linda started me searching and while I should be scrubbing floors or something,
I had to send what I found regarding archival newsletters on-line that appear to
be free!

This link contains a huge number of newspapers of various date and states (lots
for PA, TX and CA) that appear very easy to use. I just put in "gudgel" without
a date or specific newspaper (do this at the main state headings).

http://www.elephind.com/?a=p&p=browsepubs&e=-------en-10--1--txt-txINtxCO----------

If the above doesn't come through, try the main heading:
http://www.elephind.com/
And then just click on "Browse the Newspaper Archives."

I found this interesting 1950s article from CA that contains several Gudgel
references--all of which are my relatives. Very homey:
https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=d&d=MT19580710.2.38&srpos=20&e=-------en--20--1--txt-txIN-Gudgel-------1

Here is the main link to a blog that allowed me to find Elephind. I haven't
searched the other links within this blog however. Maybe some of you can tell me
what you find:

http://www.theancestorhunt.com/blog/the-5-best-free-sites-for-online-newspaper-research-for-genealogy#.WNFNBme1thE

Dianne Gudgel-Holmes