Subject: Obit.- Phil Phillips- Husband of Connie Gudgel Phillips

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 12:47:51 -0500

Phil was the husband of Connie Gudgel Phillips and I believe her line
of descent to be as follows:
Andrew Gudgel, Sr.
John Gudgel
Shelby G. Gudgel
Morton Schuyler Gudgel
George William Gudgel
Connie Gudgel Phillips.

Connie's siblings are Sandra, Sherrill, Stephen (Steve), Diane and Edwin.
Some of you may know Connie or her siblings.  I had not met Connie in
person but we had made contact on Facebook.  Our thoughts and prayers
go out to Connie and her family in this time of loss.
Linda from Kentucky

Willard "Phil" Phillips Obituary
 Willard A. Phillips
December 10, 1939 - February 25, 2016
Resided in Punta Gorda, FL

Obituary
Willard "Phil" Phillips, 76, passed away in Tidewell Hospice of Port
Charlotte, surrounded by his family on February 25, 2016. Phil was
born in Watseka, Illinois on December10, 1939, the son of Austin and
Vivian Bruner.
 He was a four year US Navy Veteran. Phil worked at Berkley Davis in
Danville, Illinois for 19 years and later retired from ASCO, Aiken, SC
in 2002. He was a member of the Elks Club for over 40 years and was
presently a longtime member of the Punta Gorda Elks Club. He had a
General Contractors license was an all around handy man in his
community after retirement.
 Phil enjoyed playing golf, fishing and traveling with friends and
family. He will also be remembered as a loving husband, father,
grandfather, brother, uncle and friend. Phil had a witty sense of
humor; he was honest, hard working, and generous.
 Phil is survived by his wife of over 50 years, Connie Gudgel
Phillips; two children, Tobias (Julia) Phillips and Amy (Rickie) Nolan
both of Aiken, SC; his 3 grandsons, Dalton, Daniel and Zachary as well
as three sisters and two brothers. He was preceded in death by his
parents, a brother and a sister.
 A celebration of life will be held at Seminole Lakes Club House,
Punta Gorda, FL on March 12, 2016 from 2 to 4 pm.   In lieu of
flowers, the family suggests a donation in his name to American Cancer
Society or Tidewell Hospice, Inc., 1144 Veronica Street, Port
Charlotte, FL 33952.