Subject: Obituary: Ira F. "J.R." Gudgel, Jr. (1944-2016) Champaign, IL

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 15:20:09 -0500

IRA F. "J.R." GUDGEL, JR.
(April 17, 1944 - January 5, 2016)

Ira F. "J.R." Gudgel, Jr., 71, of Paxton passed away at 8:23 a.m.
Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at Helia Healthcare of Champaign, IL.

A memorial service will be held 10:00 a.m. Saturday, January 9, 2016
at Baier Family Funeral Services, 406 E. Pells, Paxton with Rev. James
Blue officiating.  Following the service there will be a gathering of
family and friends at Goldy's, 123 S. Mattis Ave., Champaign.

J.R. was born April 17, 1944 in Champaign a son of Ira Franklin
Gudgel, Sr. and Vergie Brownfield Gudgel.  He married Carolyn S.
Yates, she survivies.

Along with his wife, Carolyn, he is survived by three sons, Shane
(Danielle) Truitt of Mehomet, Ron (Camille) Yates of St. Joseph, Todd
Jenkins of Urbana; three daughters, Becky (John) Hill of Bloomington,
Cindy Yates of Champaign, Denise McCullough of Albuquerque, New
Mexico; one sister Margie (Charles) Stanton of Champaign; one brother
Don (Margaret) Gudgel, Sr. of Champaign; several grandchildren, great
grandchildren, great grandchildres and numerous cousins, nieces and
nephews.

He was preceded in death by his parents and sister, Charlotte Mitchner.

J.R. was a truck driver for J&R Schugel Trucking.  He was very
patriotic.  He enjoyed NASCAR, woodworking and tinkering in hhis
garage.  He also enjoyed helping his wife with household chores.

Memorials may be made to an organization of the donor's choice.
Condolences may be offered at www.baierfuneralservices.com

(Note from Linda:)
Mr. Gudgel's lineage is a s follows:
Ira FrancisGudgel, Jr.