Subject: Indenture: HIGHFIELD to DANIEL WOODFIELD- 1792 Woodford Co., KY

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 18:45:31 -0500

An old document that I had not entered into my database.  Some may not
have it, others may.  Daniel WOODFIELD married Elizabeth Gudgell in
1779 in SW Pennsylvania.  I'm not sure why Elizabeth was not mentioned
in this document of 1792.
Linda
from Kentucky

We're hunkering down for some bitter cold temps coming in tonight and
lasting most of this week.

Woodford Co., KY-Deed Book B, page 125:
     THIS INDENTURE made this third day of July in the year of our
Lord one thousand secen hundred and ninety two between Jeremiah
HIGHFIELD and Sabra, his wife, of the County of Woodford and District
of Kentucky of the one part and Daniel WOODFIELD if the County and
District aforesaid of the other part.  WITNESSETH that for and
Consideration of the sum of twenty five pounds Current money of
Virginia by the said Daniel WOODFIELD to the said Jeremiah HIGHFIELD
in hand paid the receipt whereof is hereby fully acknowledged, have
hereby granted and bargained and sold one certain  Tract or Parcel of
land situated lying and being in the County of Woodford and on the
waters of Glens Creek and bounded as follows To WIT, Beginning at an
ash and Dogwood corner to (Conaddus?) Piles running thence with his
line South eighty nine degrees East seventy five and a half poles to
two Sugartrees thence North one one hundred and two poles to a White
Walnut  and Black Ash thence West seventy five and a half poles to a
white oak and (hoopwood?) thence South one hundred and one poles to
the Beginning containing by Survey Fifty Acres (be?) the same more or
less To have and to hold the said Tract or Parcel of Land with all the
appurtenances thereunto belonging or in any wise pertaining thereto to
the said Daniel WOODFIELD and his heirs and assigns forever, and the
said Jeremiah HIGHFIELD for him self and his heirs doth Covenant and
agree to and with the said Daniel WOODFIELD that he the said Jeremiah
HIGHFIELD will warrant and by these presents forever Defend the right
and title of the said Tract or Parcel of Land to the said Daniel
WOODFIELD and his heirs and assigns forever against all and every
person or persons Claiming by (Fromar under us?).  In Witness
whereunto have set our hand and seals the day and year above
mentioned.
				JEREMIAH HIGHFIELD (Seal)
                                                             SABRA
HIGHFIELD      (Seal)
Signed, Sealed and Delivered in the
presence of us......
Woodford County July Court, 1792
This Indenture of bargain was presented in Court and Acknowledged by
Jeremiah Highfield and Sabra his wife she being first privately
examined as the Law directs Voluntarily relinquishing her Right of
Dower in the estate Conveyed by this Indenture which is Ordered to be
Recorded.
                                                               Teste:
Cave Johnson, C. Clerk