Subject: Edward Thomas Gudgel (1835-1908) Military Discharge Papers

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:37:27 -0400

Military Discharge Papers:
To All Whom It May Concern:
Know Ye, That Edward Gudgel, a Private of Captain Charles C. Whitings
Company (A.), 58th Regiment of Indiana Volunteers, who was enrolled on
the ninth day of October, one thousand eith hundred and Sixty one, to
serve three years or during the war, is hereby Discharged from the
service of the United States, this Eleventh day of November, 1864, at
Chattanooga, Tennessee, by reason of expiration of term of service.
Said Private Edward Gudgel was born in_______ in the state of Indiana,
is twenty six years of age, five feet ten and a half inches high,
light complexion, Blue eyes, light hair, and by occupation when
enrolled, a Farmer.

Given at Chattanooga, this the Eleventh day of November, 1864.
						Jacob E. Voorhies, Capt.

						58" Ind. Inft. Vols.
Geo. Vandesson
1 Lt , 158th

(Edward Thomas Gudgel married Elizabeth Blythe (1836-1899).  Both were
born and died in Gibson Co., IN.  Edward was the son of William Gudgel
and Lucinda "Lucy" Thurman and grandson of Andrew Gudgel and Elizabeth
Paul Payne.).