Subject: Gudgel Notes from Dr. James S. Pope, Columbia, MO

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 18:10:22 -0400

Please disregard the previous unfinished email I accidently sent to
the list.  I was truing to save it and mistakenly hit send.  Sorry.
But I only have about two more pages to type and then will send it
all.  My error.
Linda
(from Kentucky)

Hi Folks-
I have officially sorted through all 44 boxes of Dr. Pope's research!
There was a lot of trash, duplicates, and things of no interest to me
so I tossed those.  I did pull out all of the research he did on his
lines of research outside the Gudgel family along with many books I
have no connection to and I will donate those to the Kentucky History
Center at a later date.  (Dr. Pope never threw much away and copied
everything several times).  It has been a long process as I have
literally gone through it and read over EACH piece of paper so as not
to miss a thing.   I was hoping at some point he wrote down his
thoughts on his research on this family and had about given up on
finding it.  In the last box I did find it!

Our family is doing well.  I am closing my part time antique business
after many years and this will be my last year to chair the Holiday
Homes Tour held every December.  I am tired and it is time to let the
younger ones have it.  Gary and I want to travel a little and we need
to do it now while both of us are hopefully in good health.  Our
daughters and spouses are doing well and we have 4 active
grandchildren that we help out with.  Katherine is 9 (4th grade this
year). Tanner is 6 next month and starting Kindergarten,  Andrew will
be 6 in January and he is starting Kindergarten also and Raegan is 2
1/2 and thinks she should go to school too).

So over the next few days I will discipher Dr. Pope's notes and submit
them to the List.  I hope in 2015 to really get back to my genealogy
and get some kind of better order of all this information that I have
collected over about 30 years.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer season.  Beautiful
weather in Kentucky right now.  Doesn't get any better than this!

Regards,
Linda