Subject: GUDGELL Item of interest on eBay

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 21:22:24 -0400

I found something on the eBay site with GUDGELL interest.
It is an antique 9" Coin silver spoon By J. Draper 52.6 Grams-1.69 Troy Oz
The handle in engraved "GUDGELL" and the back of the handle is engraved
"1853-1912".  The item is coming out of Dunlap, IL but it could have come
out of an estate sale somewhere else.  The dates could be someone's life
and death date or it could be the years someone was married, etc.  I am
looking through all my GUDGELL entries in my database to try and get a
clue.  Seems there were a lot of GUDGELL's in the area of Bureau County, IL
but that would be a shot in the dark to find it.

So go to eBay and search "GUDGELL" and it will come up.  Nice picture of
the spoon with the engraving and dates.  The sale ends this Saturday.  Let
me know if anyone finds something.
Would make a nice keepsake for someone's family.
Linda- from Kentucky.

Went down to 28 last night and heavy frost.  About 38 tonight.

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

---

From: Dianne Holmes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 19:59:35 -0800

You  always find interesting items, Linda. I suspect those dates were 
birth/death but since it is something special, it could be for a 60th 
anniversary or maybe the yrs someone worked at a factory, but that is a long 
time to have worked at one place.

D

On 5/10/2020 5:22 PM, Linda Gudgel Finnell wrote:
> "1853-1912".  The item is coming out of Dunlap, IL but it could have come out 
> of an estate sale somewhere else. The dates could be someone's life and death 
> date or it could be the years someone was married, etc.  I am looking through 
> all my GUDGELL entries in my database to try and get a clue. Seems there were 
> a lot of GUDGELL's in the area of Bureau County, IL but that would be a shot 
> in the dark to find it.
>
> So go to eBay and search "GUDGELL" and it will come up. Nice picture of the 
> spoon with the engraving and dates.  The sale ends this Saturday.  Let me know 
> if anyone finds something.
> 	Virus-free. www.avg.com