Subject: GUDGEL Reunion- 1909 Evansville, Indiana

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 11:30:19 -0400

Saturday, November 27, 1909
Evansville Courier and Press
Evansville, Indiana

                                                  Reunion of Gudgel Family

The thirtieth annual reunion of Andrew Gudgel's family was held
yesterday at the home of his son, Attorney L.W. Gudgel, in this city.
The children and grandchildren were present and enjoyed the day with
the old pioneer who will be eighty-five year old next February.  Those
present were Dr. James Gudgel and wife, Harold Gudgel and Helen Gudgel
of Cynthiana; Mr. and Mrs. Doyle V. Gudgel, this city;  Jesse E. and
Eleanora Muck of Owensville and Dr. W.W. Montgomery of this city.
______________________________________________________

Note:  I found this item in Genealogy Bank Historical Newspapers.
This was Andrew William Gudgel (1825-1910) and Elvira Wallace
(1826-1898).  Andrew William was the son of William Gudgel and Lucinda
Thurman; and the grandson of our old Andrew and Elizabeth "Betsey"
Paul Payne.  It was held at the home of Attorney Levin Wilson Gudgel
and his wife Josephine VanNada. in Evansville, Indiana.  Only 3 of
their 8 children were still living in 1909.

Linda, from Kentucky.

---

From: Dianne Holmes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 07:44:39 -0800

Thank you, Linda for continuing to do research on our genie.

I'm intrigued with your reference to Genealogy Historical Newspapers. I'll try 
Googling that now, but if you can also send the link, I suspect many of us would 
love to use it. I'm always looking for more on-line (good) resources.

Dianne Gudgel-Holmes
AKA (new) grandma