Subject: Dr. Francis Preston Gudgell of Bath Co., KY (1860-1948)

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 16:52:20 -0500

Hi Folks-
I found this article in a booklet I bought at as estate auction and
wanted to share this.  There was also a nice picture of Dr. Gudgell
with the article.

>From "Bath County Memories 1811-1974" published for the Kentucky
Bicentennial 1974-1976. Historical Booklet and Program.:
     Dr. Francis Preston Gudgell, born on June 26, 1860, in
Owingsville, was one of the oldest doctors and practiced for sixty-six
continuous years.  He was a son of Han Rueben and Elvesen Gudgell.  He
was a graduate of Louisville Medical College.  He was honored by the
University of Louisville and presented with an honored Certificate for
his continuous work to his community.  A famous remark was made by him
and it was "To usher in the new born babe and to ease out the aged and
dying."  He married Carrie Hutchinson and they were the parents of
four children:  Mary, Wallace, Louise and Palmer.  Dr. Gudgell died
December 25, 1948.

(Note:  I have seen his wife's name as Elvessa Martin but never
spelled as it was in this article). I've been very busy here preparing
for the Woodford County Woman's Club annual Holiday Homes Tour on
Sat.,  December 13, 2014.  Proceeds for this project go to the Coats
and Shoes For Woodford Co. children, our Scholarship Fund and other
charities we support.  Lots of work but a very worthy cause.  This is
the first time in thirty some years I haven't had to cook Thanksgiving
dinner.  Going to my sister-in-laws this year.  But I will still have
Christmas here.  Not ready to give that up.  Blessings to each of you
and your families for this approaching Thanksgiving.

Linda
from Kentucky

Sunny and cold today but lots of cold coming soon.

---

From: Donald or Jo Pierce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:57:12 -0800

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! God bless you all!!!

________________________________
 From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
To: gudgel-list <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 3:52 PM
Subject: Dr. Francis Preston Gudgell of Bath Co., KY (1860-1948)

Hi Folks-

Linda
from Kentucky