Subject: Ira Franklin Gudgel, Jr. - continued

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 17:29:46 -0500

(Note from Linda)
I just realized that the obituary I sent previously today didn't print
the notes I added at the bottom for some reason
The lineage Ira Franklin Gudgel, Jr. is as follows:
Ira Franklin Gudgel, Jr.
Ira Franklin Gudgel, Sr. and Vergie Brownfield
Ira Abraham Gudgel and Ella Heath
John S. Gudgel and Melinda Harrolle
Abraham Gudgel and Anne Elizabeth Burch
Abraham Gudshall and Elizabeth Harbison
Andrew Gudshall/Gudgel and Anna Barbara (Hoch?)
Fredrick Gotschalk and Anna Mary Unknown

It is not often that I have run across any genealogy of descendants of
Abraham Gudgel, son of our Old Andrew.  I don't know why that is so
when I found this I had to share it.

---

From: Dianne Holmes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 13:41:54 -0900

Cyber cousins,

Last yr I was able to make a one day stop at the wonderful Salt Lake LDS 
Genealogy library.  I asked for ideas on what to search during my limited time 
thre.  I will be making another quick trip there in a week and I will try to do 
what Linda suggested last yr--search for Daniel Gudgel's parents.  We know that 
he was closely aligned to our Old Andrew but there has never been solid proof he 
was a son of Old Andrew.  Some of us think he was Andrew's nephew as often 
uncles and nephews had a special relationship.

So, unless someone has another more pressing issue to research, Daniel will be 
near the top of my list.

BTW, if you think that everything can be found on-line these days, you haven't 
been to the Salt Lake library.  There  are too many references, there plus the 
experts, that you simply can't get on-line.

Wish me luck. And thanks to Linda for resurrecting the Gudgel list group. Surely 
some of you have been doing research that's of interest to us?  And surely some 
of you have done DNA studies, especially the Y-chromosome study (for the male 
line)? Please share.

Dianne Gudgel-Holmes