Subject: Andrew William Gudgel - (1825 Gibson Co., IN---1910 Gibson Co., IN) --Military Discharge Papers

From: Linda Gudgel Finnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 08:44:30 -0400

Military Discharge Papers:
 To All Whom It May Concern:
 Know Ye, That Andrew Gudgel, a Sergt., of Captain Charles C. Whitings
 Company (A.), 58th Regiment of  Indiana Infantry Volunters, who was
 enrolled on the ninth day of October, one thousand eight
  hundred and Sixty one, to serve three years or during the war, is
 hereby Discharged from the service of the United States, this Eleventh
 day of November, 1864, at Chattanooga, Tennessee, by reason of
 expiration of term of service.  Said Sergt.  Andrew Gudgel was born
 in_______ in the state of Indiana, is thirty- six years of age, six
 feet  half inches high, Fair complexion, Blue eyes, Dark hair, and by
 occupation when enrolled, a Farmer.

 Given at Chattanooga, this the Eleventh day of November, 1864.
                                                 Jacob E. Voorhies, Capt.
                                                 58" Ind. "Vol". Inft.

 Gus Sanderson
 1 Lt , 158th
           Recorded Sept. 8, 1896
           T.A. Walters (R.G.C.?)

 ****************************************************************
 Andrew William Gudgel was the son of William Gudgel and Lucinda "Lucy"
 Thurman and brother to Edward Thomas Gudgel.  He married Elvira
 Wallace.  Andrew and Edward apparently enlisted together the same
 day/same location and were discharged the same day, same location.