Subject: Thank you for your service in the Air Force and welcome to the neighborhood

From: "Tom Gudgel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:50:29 -0500

Welcome to the neighborhood Cousin Larry.

Well, that is if you consider Tulsa, Oklahoma, to be part of the Texas
neighborhood as we do.  We consider Tulsa and Dallas part of the same
neighborhood due to decades of football rivalry, wives many shopping
excursions to Dallas and former residence of our relations.    

Our small part of the Gudgel clan according to my mother also came from the
Pottsboro area in Texas.  I recall dad and mom telling stories of the fun
they had visiting his kinfolks in Texas.  Mom spoke of Mr. J.W. Blassingame
and Mrs. Mattie Brooks attesting (on Nov. 20th 1942) to the date place of
Dad's birth (a farmhouse) at Sherman R.F.D. Route 3 at 4:00 P.M. on Feb. 9th
1910 so Dad could obtain his Birth Certificate.  Dad's mother was a
beautiful lady named Frances Ellis Lambert age 43 at his birth.

I have two old photographs: 

One of my Grandfather, Lawrence Everett Gudgel and his three brothers (I
don't know their names) and 

The other, I'm told, is of my Great Grandfather (Lawrence's father) and two
of his brothers.  I believe their names to be "Calvin, Marion and Allen".  

I though "Allen" to be my great grandfather and his father to be "Andrew"
Gudgel but I'm not so sure any more due to some differences of opinion
within the family.  So, that's about all I can remember right now.  No doubt
some of our cousins can be of more help than I filling in the blanks but I
feel sure we must be related some way through the "Pottsboro" connection. 

Again, welcome and best wishes,

Thomas H. Gudgel, Jr. 

My father's was Thomas Horace Gudgel (born in Grayson County, TX.); his
father is Lawrence Everett Gudgel (sometimes aka Everett Lawrence Gudgel);
the son of Allen.  If you're interested I'll make copies available.

---

From: Donald or Jo Pierce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 14:06:58 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I can welcome Tom to the neighborhood because I live in McKinney, TX, which is about 20 mile east of The Colony.  And yes, thank you for serving our country!!!
Jo

--- On Tue, 9/25/12, Tom Gudgel <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Tom Gudgel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Thank you for your service in the Air Force and welcome to the neighborhood
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 3:50 PM

 
Thank you for your service in the Air Force and welcome to the
neighborhood

 

   

Well, that is if you consider Tulsa ,
 Oklahoma , to be part of the
 Texas neighborhood as we do.  We consider
 Tulsa and Dallas part of
the same neighborhood due to decades of football rivalry, wives many shopping
excursions to Dallas 
and former residence of our relations.     

Our small part of the Gudgel clan according to my mother also
came from the Pottsboro area in Texas . 
I recall dad and mom telling stories of the fun they had visiting his kinfolks
in Texas .  Mom
spoke of Mr. J.W. Blassingame and Mrs. Mattie Brooks attesting (on Nov. 20th
1942) to the date place of Dad’s birth (a farmhouse) at
 Sherman R.F.D. Route 
3 at 4:00 P.M. on Feb. 9th 1910 so Dad could obtain his Birth Certificate. 
Dad’s mother was a beautiful lady named Frances Ellis Lambert age 43 at
his birth. 

One of my Grandfather, Lawrence Everett Gudgel and his three
brothers (I don’t know their names) and  

The other, I’m told, is of my Great Grandfather (
 Lawrence ’s father)
and two of his brothers.  I believe their names to be “Calvin, Marion and
Allen”.   

I though “Allen” to be my great grandfather and his
father to be “Andrew” Gudgel but I’m not so sure any more due
to some differences of opinion within the family.  So, that’s about all I
can remember right now.  No doubt some of our cousins can be of more help than
I filling in the blanks but I feel sure we must be related some way through the
“Pottsboro” connection.  

Thomas H. Gudgel, Jr.  

My father’s was Thomas Horace Gudgel (born in
 Grayson
 County , TX.); his father is Lawrence
Everett Gudgel (sometimes aka Everett Lawrence Gudgel); the son of Allen.  If you’re
interested I’ll make copies available.