Okie Rumble V, October 2001
Click on the thumbnail pictures for a larger view.
- Just after leaving: Mineola-E. Williston line.
- Flushing Meadows-Corona Park.
- Roosevelt Av. underpass.
- Queens Blvd. Looking for a firehouse to buy
FDNY shirts for a friend who'll be at Okie.
During layover in Chicago, rode to a supermarket and had lunch at a Chinese
- Sears Tower, from supermarket lot.
- Along Lake Michigan.
- Marina, Lake Michigan.
- Graffiti in restroom, suggesting that writer
desires that which he criticizes.
Took overnight train to Little Rock, Arkansas, arriving around dawn, then
biked to Oklahoma City from there.
- Just assembled bike & ready to leave station
- Arkansas Route 10, a few miles west of Little
- Near Lake Maumelle.
- Descending from a mountain pass in the Ozarks.
- The valley past the mountain pass.
- Mountain range to the north of the valley,
whose highest point is 2753-foot Magazine Mountain.
- Interesting names of towns out here (Casa &
- ...Counties too.
- Hill and rain in western Arkansas.
- A long, gradual incline, which becomes typical of
western Arkansas terrain, and continues into Oklahoma.
- Just east of Fort Smith, Arkansas.
- The Arkansas-Oklahoma state line.
- Top of hill in eastern Oklahoma.
- Haskell County, Oklahoma; the terrain is almost
but not quite flat, continuing the gradual gain in altitude (Little Rock being
around 300, and Oklahoma City 1100 feet elevation).
- Rolling terrain - 1 |
- Storm cellars and bail bonds.
- Approaching Eufaula, first sign mentioning
- Entrance ramp to Route 69, Eufaula area.
Sign's upside down, not that it matters in this case. ;-)
- On Route 69.
- Hay there -- it's ready for shipping.
- Near Shawnee, not far from Oklahoma City. A
front comes through; no precipitation but strong winds and unusual-looking
sky. No tornadoes either.
- The front coming through.
- Midwest City.
- Oklahoma City -- the skyline comes into view.
- The Oklahoma City Memorial.
- Welcome to the Habana Inn.
- Room at the Habana Inn.
- Habana Inn Corridor late at night.
- The storage place across from the Habana Inn at
So, where's the wrestling pics? You'll have to see the other years' pages
for that; in 2001 I couldn't stop wrestling long enough to take pictures of
any matches. If you have any 2001 pics to contribute, feel free to e-mail
them and I'll post them.
Other Okie Rumble pages:
Click here to send me comments on this web page.
This site has been visited times
since May 3, 2001.
This page has been visited
Can't open count data file for Reading: No such file or directory
Can't open count data file for Writing: No such file or directory
System doesn't support file locking: Bad file descriptor
times since Sunday, October 27, 2002 01:02 EST (the 2nd 1 AM).
Page created: October 26, 2002
Last modified: October 27, 2002