Patricia's Various Mavs Stuff
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!!
To the NBA stuff
Welcome to the WWW page stock full of stuff regarding the Dallas Mavericks.
This page is maintained by me (Patricia Bender,
contains a large variety of stuff that I wrote and compiled. It also has
some links to other Mavs related WWW pages. This is a pure information
site, I don't have any pictures.
- Mavs News - game reports and misc information
that I compiled [latest: 5/6/12]
- Misc News: [Check the Mavs News section for more details and older stuff.]
- Today is Wednesday, May 15
- This Day In Mavs History
[Any Day In Mavs History]
- Happy Mavs birthday to:
- May 15, 1940 Don Nelson (1940) [head coach]
- May 17, 1970 Hubert Davis (1970) [player]
- May 17, 1966 Danny Manning (1966) [player]
- May 17, 1957 Winford Boynes (1957) [player]
- May 17, 1956 Ted Davis (1956) [radio broadcaster]
- May 18, 1963 Sam Vincent (1963) [assistant coach]
- May 22, 1991 Jared Cunningham (1991) [player]
- May 22, 1958 Chad Kinch (1958) [player]
- May 24, 1974 Ace Custis (1974) [player]
- May 25, 1971 Skin Wade (1971) [TV broadcaster]
- May 26, 1971 Chad Lewis (1971) [strength & conditioning coach]
- May 27, 1993 Jalen Jones (1993) [player]
- May 27, 1967 George McCloud (1967) [player]
- May 29, 1976 Raef LaFrentz (1976) [player]
- May 29, 1972 Bill Curley (1972) [player]
- May 30, 1992 Harrison Barnes (1992) [player]
- May 30, 1975 Evan Eshcmeyer (1975) [player]
- May 30, 1966 Brian Quinnett (1966) [player]
- 5/17 The NBA announced that Luka Donic, Trae Young (Atl), and
Deandre Aton (Pho) are the finalists for the Rookie of the Year award.
The award winner will be announced June 24.
- 5/14 As usual, Dallas lost in the draft lottery - the Mavs have _never_
improved their draft position in the lottery. The Mavs did not win any
of the top 4 spots (new this season was top 4 spots, instead of 3) and
thus the pick goes to Atlanta as part of last year's Luka Doncic trade.
The 2 teams that had the same record as Dallas did win the lottery as New
Orleans got the #1 pick and Memphis got the #2 pick [Dallas would have
kept the pick if it was top 5]. The pick will be #10 (the Lakers also
moved up ahead of Dallas/Atlanta). The 2nd round pick is the reverse order
with New Orleans and Memphis, so Dallas did move up in the 2nd round and
will have the #37 pick. The draft is June 20.
- 4/24 Dwight Powell was named as one of the 10 finalists for the NBA
Cares season award. Powell was nominated for his fund and charity event
(which raised $600,000) to support families with a member undergoing
cancer. The fund offers transportation, information workshops,
after-school care, meals, cleaning services, and other activites to lessen
the burden on families.
- 4/18 Tim Hardaway underwent surgery on his left tibia to address a
- 4/14 Former Mavs coach John MacLeod passed away at age 81. His long
NBA coaching career included coaching Dallas 2 1/2 seasons (87-88, 88-89,
- 4/12 The NBA held the draws to determine the draft order and lottery
chances for teams that finished with the same record. Dallas had a record
of 33-49, as did New Orleans and Memphis. Dallas lost both draws and the
order would be New Orleans, Memphis, then Dallas - subject to change if
any of the 3 moves up in the draft lottery. The lottery changes were
equal (6%)between the 3 teams.
- 4/11 The NBA named Luka Doncic and Trae Young (Atl) as Rookies of
the Month for March and April. Doncic averaged 22.1 points, 9.9 rebounds,
and 7 assists as Dallas went 6-15. Young averaged 23.4 points and 9.2
assists as Atlanta went 8-12. Doncic was named Western Conference Rookie
of the Month for eash month of the season.
- 4/10 Dallas finished the 2018-19 season with a record of 33-49.
- 4/10 Prior to the start of the game in San Antonio, the Spurs had a
video tribute on the jumbotron for Dirk Nowitzki, who had announced his
retirement the previous day. Dirk hit his final basket with a top of the
key bucket with a minute left in the game and was immediately subbed out
to lots of applause. He had 20 points and 10 rebounds in his final game.
- 4/10 Luka Donic (left thigh contusion) did not play in the San
- 4/10 Dallas activated Courtney Lee and placed Maxi Kleber (sore
left knee) on IL.
- 4/9 After the Phoenix game, Dallas held a celebration for Dirk
Nowitzki for his 21 seasons with the Mavs. The ceremony included surprise
guests Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Shawn Kemp, Scottie Pippen, and Detlef
Schrempf. When Dirk took the microphone, he announced that it was indeed
his final home game and he would be retiring after the season ended. We
love you, Dirk! Thanks for being such a incredible player and awesome
- 4/9 Dallas activated Kostas Antetokounmpo, Luka Doncic, and Maxi
Kleber and placed Courtney Lee (left hip contusion) on IL.
- 4/7 Dirk Nowitzki collected his 10,000th defensive rebound.
- 4/7 Dallas activated Dwight Powell and placed Maxi Kleber (right
knee contusion) on IL.
- 4/5 Dallas activated Kostas Antetokounmpo and Dorian Finney-Smith
and placed Rick Brunson (rest), Luka Doncic (right thigh contusion), and
Dwight Powell (rest) on IL.
- 4/3 Luka Doncic scored his 1500th career point during the Minnesota
- 4/3 Dallas activated Luka Doncic and placed Dorain Finney-Smith
(mouth laceration) on IL.
- 4/1 Dorian Finney-Smith left the 4th quarter of the Philadelphia
after being hit in the mouth and received 8 stitches.
- 4/1 Dallas placed Kostas Antetokounmpo (sore knee) on IL.
- 3/31 Dallas activated Kostas Antetokounmpo and placed Luka Doncic
(right thigh contusion) on IL.
- 3/26 Dallas activated Salah Merji and placed Kostas Antetokounmpo
- 3/23 Dallas activated Daryl Macon and placed Salah Mejri (ill) on IL.
- 3/21 Dallas acitvated Maxi Kleber and placed Tim Hardaway (left
tibia stress reaction) on IL.
- 3/21 Dallas announced that Tim Hardaway had a stress reaction in
his left tibia and would miss the rest of the season.
- 3/20 Dallas activated Kostas Antetokounmpo and placed Maxi Kleber
(sprained left wrist) on IL.
- 3/18 Dirk Nowitzki passed Wilt Chamberlian (31,419) for 6th place
on the NBA's all time scoring list earlier in the New Orleans game.
- 3/18 Maxi Kleber suffered an injured left wrist near the end of the
New Orleans game.
- 3/18 Dallas activated Luka Doncic and placed Kostas Antetokounmpo
- 3/16 Dallas activated Kostas Antetokounmpo and placed Luka Doncic
(right knee contusion) on IL.
- 3/10 Dallas activated Maxi Kleber and placed Kostas Antetokounmpo
- 3/6 Dallas activated Kostas Antetokounmpo and placed Maxi Kleber
(left knee effusion) on IL.
- 3/2 Dallas activated Trey Burke.
- 3/2 The NBA named Luka Doncic and Trae Young (Atl) as Rookies of
the Month for October and November. Doncic averaged 24.4 points, 9.4
rebounds, and 7.4 assits as Dallas went 4-6. Young averaged 23.3 points
and 9.3 assists as Atlanta went 5-7.
- 2/27 Dallas placed Trey Burke (ill) on IL.
- 2/25 Dallas activated Luka Doncic and Maxi Kleber.
- Older Misc News
- Stats, Stats, and More Stats
- Season stats
- Mavs Players
- Current Players
- career and college stats for the current Mavericks
- Former Players -
Maverick stats for former Mavericks
- List of Mavs players signed to 10-day
contracts and players on a regular season roster that did not play in
- Playoff stuff
- Regular season stuff
Other Mavs Web Pages
[Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've completely ignored checking the Other Mavs Web
Pages for updates/deletes/additions for a number of years. It is very low
on my to-do list and I don't know when I'll ever get around to changing
[please let me know of any other Mavs related pages that I should add]
Official Mavs page
or (same page)
The NBA's Official Dallas Mavericks page
Official Dallas Mavericks Merchandise
American Airlines Center
Local media pages
Dallas Morning News Mavericks Page
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Dallas Observer Online [a weekly newspaper]
ESPN 103.3 FM (KESN) (the Mavs flagship radio station - all games
will be broadcast here)
also pre-game and post-game show before and after Mavs games
The Ticket KTCK 1310 (Dallas sport talk radio station)
105.3 The Fan (Dallas sport talk radio station)
Current Mavs player pages (both fan and official)
Erick Dampier (Official)
Josh Howard Foundation
Jason Kidd Official Website
Official Website of Shawn Marion
Dirk Nowitzki (Official)
Dirk Nowitzki Foundation (Official)
Dirk Nowitzki Fansite (in German)
Dirk Nowitzki Online Fan Resource
Official Website of Jason Terry
Jason Terry Foundation
Mark Cuban's page
Blog Maverick - The Mark Cuban Weblog
Former Mavs player pages (both fan and official)
Tariq Abdul-Wahad (Official)
Raja Bell (Official)
Greg Buckner Foundation (Official)
Cedric Ceballos (Official)
Jim Farmer Official Web Site (Official, now a country singer)
A.C. Green's Program's for Youth (Official)
Juwan Howard (Official)
Antawn Jamison (Official)
bball lova's Steve Nash Central
Jerry Stackhouse (Official)
The Unofficial Walt Williams Site [old]
Mavs fan pages
Lone Mavs Fan Homepage
Lone Mavs Fan Forum
The Ultimate D-Mavs Fan Page!
National media Mavs pages
ESPNET SportsZone Dallas Mavericks
Dallas Mavericks Team Report - CBS SportsLine
The Sports Network - Mavericks
CNN/SI - Dallas Mavericks
FOXSports.com - NBA - Dallas Mavericks
Not quite the Mavs
The Dallas Wheelchair Mavericks
Victory - arena and development area around the arena
Basketball Shooting Instruction by Gary Boren
(place to buy his video, Mavs free throw shooting coach)
Other Mavs related stuff on the net
You can find talk about the Mavs on the alt.sports.basketball.nba.dallas-mavs
and rec.sport.basketball.pro Usenet newsgroups.
There is also a Mavs mailing list for talk about our favorite team.
To subscribe to the Mavs mailing list, send a note to
with "Add Mavs" as the subject.
Back to my basketball homepage
Not affiliated with or representing anyone besides myself.