Patricia's Various Mavs Stuff
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!!
To the NBA stuff
Welcome to the WWW page stock full of stuff regarding the Dallas Mavericks.
This page is maintained by me (Patricia Bender,
contains a large variety of stuff that I wrote and compiled. It also has
some links to other Mavs related WWW pages. This is a pure information
site, I don't have any pictures.
- Mavs News - game reports and misc information
that I compiled [latest: 5/6/12]
- Misc News: [Check the Mavs News section for more details and older stuff.]
- Today is Friday, June 19, 2020
- This Day In Mavs History
[Any Day In Mavs History]
- Happy Mavs birthday to:
June 19, 1978 Dirk Nowitzki (1978) [player]
- June 20, 1959 Chuck Cooperstein (1959) [radio play-by-play]
- June 21, 1980 Richard Jefferson (1980) [player]
- June 22, 1968 Darrell Armstrong (1968) [player, assistant coach]
- June 26, 1984 J.J. Barea (1984) [player]
- June 26, 1984 Deron Williams (1984) [player]
- June 26, 1984 Raymond Felton (1984) [player]
- June 28, 1957 Jim Spanarkel (1957) [player]
- July 3, 1962 Charlie Sitton (1962) [player]
- July 4, 1966 Adrian Caldwell (1966) [player]
- July 4, 1974 Adrian Griffin (1974) [player]
- July 5, 1933 Donald Carter (1933-2018) [founder, owner]
- July 5, 1944 Norm Hitzges (1944) [TV broadcaster]
- July 5, 1980 Adam Harrington (1980) [player]
- July 7, 1978 Kaleb Canales (1978) [assistant coach]
- July 7, 1966 Tom Garrick (1966) [player]
- July 7, 1966 Micheal Williams (1966) [player]
- July 8, 1977 Wang Zhizhi (1977) [player]
- July 11, 1976 Eduardo Najera (1976) [player]
- July 11, 1956 Pat Cummings (1956-2012) [player]
- 6/4 The NBA Board of Governors approved the plans for re-starting the
2019-20 season. 22 teams will return to play (including the Mavs) and play
8 regular season games before starting the playoffs. The games are
tendatively scheduled to start July 31 and all will take place in Orlando
at the Walt Disney World Resort (where they can limit access and isolate
better). The details of the resumption of play is still being finalized,
including working with the NBA Players Association. The NBA playoffs
would end no latr than October 12, the draft will be held on October 15, and
the 2020-21 season will likely start on December 1.
- 5/28 The Mavs opened the practice facilities to players, with
- 3/14 Jalen Brunson underwent surgery to repair the labrum in his
- 3/11 Due to the coronavirus panademic and Rudy Gobert (Uta) having
tested positive for the virus, the NBA suspended the 19-20 season
following the end of the games that were to take place on the 11th. The
announcement came early in the 3rd quarter of the Dal-Den game. The late
game (NO@SAc) was also cancelled as one of the refs had officiated an Utah
game earlier in the week. Thus, the Dallas-Denver game was the last game
played before the suspension. There is no time table for when/if the
season will resume.
- 3/11 Dallas activated Willie Cauley-Stein and Michael
Kidd-Gilchrist and placed Kirstaps Porzingis (rest) and Dorian
Finney-Smith (right hip injury) on IL.
- 3/10 Dallas activated Dorian Finney-Smith and placed Willie
Cauley-Stein (ill) on IL.
- 3/8 Dallas activated Tim Hardaway and placed Seth Curry (sprained
left ankle) and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (ill) on IL.
- 3/6 Dallas activated J.J. Barea and placed Dorian Finney-Smith
(right hip injury), Tim Hardaway (ill), and Antonius Cleveland on IL.
- 3/6 The NBA declined Dallas' protest of the 2/22 Dal@Atl game and
fined owner Mark Cuban $500,000 for his public criticism and detrimental
conduct regarding the NBA officiating [made following the game and over
the next few days].
- 3/4 Dorian Finney-Smith suffered a right hip injury in the 1st half
of the New Orleans game and did not return.
- 3/4 Dallas activated Kristaps Porzingins, Seth Curry, and Antonius
Cleveland and placed J.J. Barea (sore right ankle) on IL.
- 3/2 Dallas activated Luka Doncic and Willie Cauley-Stein and placed
Seth Curry (lower back tightness) and Kristaps Porzingis (rest) on IL.
- 3/2 The NBA named Kristaps Porzingis and Giannis Antetokounmpo
(Mil) as Players of the Week for the week ending March 1. Porzingis
averaged 26.3 points and 11.8 rebounds as Dallas went 3-1. Antetokounmpo
averaged 28.5 points, 16.5 rebounds, and 5.5 assists as Milwaukee went 4-0.
- 3/1 Dallas placed Luka Doncic (sprained left thumb) on IL.
- 2/24 Dallas activated Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis and placed
Jalen Brunson (sprained right shoulder) on IL.
- 2/22 Jalen Brunson suffered a sprained right shoulder near the
start of the Atlanta game and did not return.
- 2/22 Dallas activated Boban Marjanovic and placed Willie
Cauley-Stein (personal reasons), Luka Doncic (sore right ankle), and
Kristaps Porzingis (rest) on IL.
- 2/21 Dallas activated Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and placed Boban
Marjanovich on IL.
- 2/16 All-Star Game (Team LeBron vs Team Giannis) at Chicago
Team LeBron 157, Team Giannis 155
Team LeBron REB
Player MIN FGM-FGA 3PM-3PA FTM-FTA PTS O-T AST TO PF STL BLK
Luka Doncic (Leb) 18 3-6 2-5 0-0 8 0-1 4 1 0 1 0
- 2/14 Rookie-Sophomore game (Team World vs Team USA) at Chciago
USA 151, World 131 (10 minute quarters)
Player MIN FGM-FGA 3PM-3PA FTM-FTA PTS O-T AST TO PF STL BLK
Luka Doncic (Wor) 23 6-11 4-9 0-0 16 0-2 5 1 0 1 0
- 2/12 Dallas activated Luka Doncic and placed Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
- 2/11 Dallas signed Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and released Ryan
- 2/10 Dallas activated Kristaps Porzingis and placed Antonius
- 2/8 Dallas activated Antonius Cleveland and placed Kristaps
Porzingis (rest) on IL.
- 2/7 Dallas activated J.J. Barea and Seth Curry and placed Antonius
Cleveland on IL.
- 2/6 Luka Doncic was selected 5th in the All-Star team selection
(starting with those previously voted in as starters, team Captains LeBron
James (Cle) and Giannis Antetokounmpo (Min) alternated picks). Doncic
will play for Team LeBron in the All-Star game in Chicago on February 16.
- Older Misc News
- Stats, Stats, and More Stats
- Season stats
- Mavs Players
- Current Players
- career and college stats for the current Mavericks
- Former Players -
Maverick stats for former Mavericks
- List of Mavs players signed to 10-day
contracts and players on a regular season roster that did not play in
- Playoff stuff
- Regular season stuff
Other Mavs Web Pages
[Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've completely ignored checking the Other Mavs Web
Pages for updates/deletes/additions for a number of years. It is very low
on my to-do list and I don't know when I'll ever get around to changing
[please let me know of any other Mavs related pages that I should add]
Official Mavs page
or (same page)
The NBA's Official Dallas Mavericks page
Official Dallas Mavericks Merchandise
American Airlines Center
Local media pages
Dallas Morning News Mavericks Page
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Dallas Observer Online [a weekly newspaper]
ESPN 103.3 FM (KESN) (the Mavs flagship radio station - all games
will be broadcast here)
also pre-game and post-game show before and after Mavs games
The Ticket KTCK 1310 (Dallas sport talk radio station)
105.3 The Fan (Dallas sport talk radio station)
Current Mavs player pages (both fan and official)
Erick Dampier (Official)
Josh Howard Foundation
Jason Kidd Official Website
Official Website of Shawn Marion
Dirk Nowitzki (Official)
Dirk Nowitzki Foundation (Official)
Dirk Nowitzki Fansite (in German)
Dirk Nowitzki Online Fan Resource
Official Website of Jason Terry
Jason Terry Foundation
Mark Cuban's page
Blog Maverick - The Mark Cuban Weblog
Former Mavs player pages (both fan and official)
Tariq Abdul-Wahad (Official)
Raja Bell (Official)
Greg Buckner Foundation (Official)
Cedric Ceballos (Official)
Jim Farmer Official Web Site (Official, now a country singer)
A.C. Green's Program's for Youth (Official)
Juwan Howard (Official)
Antawn Jamison (Official)
bball lova's Steve Nash Central
Jerry Stackhouse (Official)
The Unofficial Walt Williams Site [old]
Mavs fan pages
Lone Mavs Fan Homepage
Lone Mavs Fan Forum
The Ultimate D-Mavs Fan Page!
National media Mavs pages
ESPNET SportsZone Dallas Mavericks
Dallas Mavericks Team Report - CBS SportsLine
The Sports Network - Mavericks
CNN/SI - Dallas Mavericks
FOXSports.com - NBA - Dallas Mavericks
Not quite the Mavs
The Dallas Wheelchair Mavericks
Victory - arena and development area around the arena
Basketball Shooting Instruction by Gary Boren
(place to buy his video, Mavs free throw shooting coach)
Other Mavs related stuff on the net
You can find talk about the Mavs on the alt.sports.basketball.nba.dallas-mavs
and rec.sport.basketball.pro Usenet newsgroups.
There is also a Mavs mailing list for talk about our favorite team.
To subscribe to the Mavs mailing list, send a note to
with "Add Mavs" as the subject.
Back to my basketball homepage
Not affiliated with or representing anyone besides myself.