My history with the Amiga goes back to 1987 when I first got an Amiga 1000. I had been hearing about and wanting one even before it was officialy released ,
but seeing the Juggler demo at one of the local stores
pushed me over the edge. I bought one as soon as I had enough money. I added the front memory module to up the memory to 512k.
And later added a 2meg Starboard memory.
In 1990 I took advantage of Commodore's "PowerUP" offer and traded in
my 1000 (actually just the keyboard) and got an A2000 for $1000.
I have aquired several other Amigas over the years (including an A600 and a CD32) but
my main Amiga is an A4000. It has 16megs ram +2meg Chip on the motherboard,a Cyberstorm PPC/060 with 64 megs ram,
OS3.5, PicassoIV/P96, DKB Spitfire SCSI, 2 hard drives (one a 2.1gig, the other a 20 gig), a Multiface card, and an Ariadne II ethernet card.
- Amiga, Inc.
- So the World May Know.
- The Amiga Zone
- One of my favorite hangouts. Latest Amiga news and files. Fun chats every night.
- Amiga University
- Get educated on the use and care of your Amiga.
- Amiga Purity Test
- Are you a true Amigan? ;-)
- Jim's Commodore Amiga Homage Page
- Some history of the Amiga. Even has some old ads (AVI format).
- THE place to go for Amiga software.
- Grasshopper LLC
- Home of Pagestream. Possibly the best DTP program.
- Software to allow the Amiga and the Palm Computer to Communicate.
- A Palm Desktop for the Amiga.
- EZ Soft Home Page
- Use EZcron to Automate Your Amiga and EZhome to Automate Your House!
- Nova Design
- Home of ImageFX (Graphics) and Aladdin 4D (3d Rendering).
- Paul Nolan's Photogenics
- Nice graphics/art package for both Amiga and Linux
- ICQ client for the Amiga
- Freeware e-mail client for the Amiga
- Ultima Thule
- Home of Thor (e-mail) and Webvision (Webcams).
- Home to several good internet clients.
Problems?This Page Last Updated: June 16 2001
Write to me!