Northern Pacific Digital
- Ruby and Bash development, data analysis and project management
Intermittent during Summer 2014
- Wordpress and ExpressionEngine Site work
January 2014 to May 201r
Rhapsody Online, first at Real Networks,
and then in new guise of Rhapsody International
- Provided Assessment Reports/Memos.
- Wrote 2000 lines test helper code, with another 2000 of unit tests for these,
and another 5000 lines of tests for the product.
- Helped other programmers with Ruby questions.
- Registered lots of bugs.
- Developed Automated Tests under minitest using "shwrap" package which I
developed on my own time, allowing multiple runs from a central machine at
the same time, and allowing for concomitant side resource data collection.
- Helped with general resource questions.
June 2007 to September 2013
- Re-vamped Build Tools for 2 major rewrite releases
- Developed support monitoring tool using Ruby and curl with extensive web reporting.
- Wrote 2 major versions of complex web oriented markup comparison tool using Ruby, curl, and the diff utility and a little nokogiri.
- Wrote 2 major versions of test signoff management tool, one in Ruby on Rails.
- Developed simple Ruby on Rails configurations data manager.
- Created a test support probe using Ruby and Curl.
- Created a complex probe time report using Ruby.
- Installed and Managed internal Ubuntu and CentOS servers, and the software tools and resources thereon.
- Constulted with managers and administrators throughout the company with regard to issues of support and resource needs.
- Acted as QA liason and Analyst for a wide range of needs.
- Generally supported Linux/Shell/Ruby tools needs.
- Put together proposals and bugs using Selenium IDE and Cucumber/Selenium.
- Audited Cucumber/Selenium tests.
- Reviewed QA Selenium Suite
June 2007 to July 2007
Bugged defects and helped regress existing bugs for Ubuntu's Gutsy
Desktop and Server products using the
project brokering web site. Achieved karma points of as high as
CoCo - Software Engineer in Test with Developer Activities
November 2006 to May 2007
onAir - Software Developer in Test
- Wrote a test harness for multi-platform work using Ruby,
Bash, SSH, Cygwin. Python used in early draft.
- Wrote automation scripts for Windows, Cygwin, and Debian hosts
- Assisted with other test and analysis needs.
June 2006 to September 2006
Real Networks - Software Development and Test Engineer in QA
- Assisted in test automation tool analysis and prototyping.
- Assisted with other consulting and script-writing duties.
June 2005 to June 2006
- Wrote complex cache clear tool for site using ruby and curl.
- Wrote build tools with web GUI front end and authentication.
- Wrote source code comparison tool with special abstraction mechanisms as per spec from manager.
- Built Linux servers for QA department needs.
- Generally supported any Linux/Shell/Ruby tools needs.
- Assisted in analysis and testing duties.