- Code, data, needs analysis, profiling/cataloging, design, coding solutions
- Focus on complex lists needs in large frameworks
- Able to accumulate a large number of knowledge of concerns and balance these helpfully in a high performance project.
- Efficient and helpful exchange of knowledge, from training to pair programming.
- Excellent skills in C, Ruby, Bash
- Test software used includes Criterion, Pester, Bats, Minitest, RSpec, Cucumber, JUnit, Mocha
- Also experienced with Jenkins, Make, Visual Studio, Maven, Ant, HTML, CGI, Ruby On Rails, Mezzanine/Django
- Worked recently with Red Hat, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Ubuntu, CentOS, SuSE
- Recent Environment: Red Hat Cluster Management, QPID, AMQP
Developer, Analyst at Microsoft
August 2017 to November 2017
Developer, Analyst at Microsoft
- Refactored administrative shell scripts integral to product, eliminating bugs.
- Wrote new unit tests, system tests, and install tests, as well as wrapper tools for ease of developer use.
- Built install bundles and tested for each project.
- Worked in Microsoft git / github release process.
- Wrote install tests and scripts to help run these.
- Figured out bug with new feature by reading documents and research.
- Helped with customer tickets.
April 2017 to July 2017
SDET, Tools Developer, Analyst at Meteorcomm
- Aided Scientest in use of tripletloss image learning programs in Python and Tensorflow.
- Programmed modifications to existing Python Tensorflow programs from two different suites.
- Provided enhanced adminitstrative tools for crop/alignment, training, and forward pass runs.
- Improved administrative tools for managing large directory trees of images as datasets.
October 2016 to March 2017
- Component Behavior Profiling, Behavior Evidence Cataloguing and Analysis
- Test System Planning and Organization
- Codebase reading and comprehension in Ruby, C/C++, Bash, Cucumber, Awk
- Study of partially running and broken legacy software, with resurrection to functionality when needed.
- Combinations usage and testing of Red Hat clusters, and QPID components
- Worked efficiently with infrastructure personnel around improvement potentials, buts, and breakdowns.
- Cucumber test development
- Programming Ruby and Bash
- Performance Automation and Testing
- QPID/AMQP environment tools development, design and maintenance
- Redhat MRG environment
- RedHat 6.7
- AMQP Data profiling with both Ruby and Bash
SDET, Tools Developer, Microsoft
One year Contract
July 2015 to June 2016
- Originally hired for experience in Linux, with primary project being on Ubuntu.
- Refactored embedded Powershell scripts in Jenkins to call independent Powershell script libraries supported by Pester Unit Tests.
- Configured automation for testing of Azure SKUs under SPEC JBB, SPEC CPU 2006, COREMARK, fio
- Enhanced C# applications and tools to meet expanding needs of the project.
- Used Jenkins GUI configurations to improve and adjust function for the needs of the project.
- Worked across many OS types and versions including: Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Ubuntu, CentOS, SuSE
- Used Codeflow for code reviews.
- Used Ubuntu, CentOS, SuSE and Cygwin to develop cross platform code for both Linux and Windows that worked and could be maintained with close to the same function,
and similar looking code.
- Assisted with Linux/Ruby based application built with JRuby using logs of purely functional list comprehension oriented constructs. Provided add on unit testing examples.
- Tested and made assessments of progressing Ruby on Rails web site interface.
January 2014 to May 2014
- Tested and developed automation tests for Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS on VMWare virtual machines.
- Provided prototype ideas for improved constructs in Ruby.
- Did some manual testing and bug reporting.
- Helped co-workers with Ruby questions.
SDE, SDET, Rhapsody Online/Real Networks/Rhapsody International
June 2007 to September 2013
- Installed and maintained the department's build and monitoring servers in CentOS and Ubuntu.
- Used my build software scripts and our CentOS build server to provide builds for other departments and projects.
- Developed support monitoring tool using Ruby and curl with extensive web reporting.
- Wrote, configured and maintained build software
- Supported and helped maintain GUI testing automation
Real Networks - Software Development and Test Engineer in QA and Dev/Build
June 2005 to June 2006
- Re-built and maintained build server and build scripts for product.
- Wrote complex cache clear tool for site using ruby and curl.
- Wrote build tools with web GUI front end and authentication.
- Wrote source code comparison tool with special abstraction mechanisms as per spec from manager.
- Built Linux servers for QA department needs.
- Generally supported any Linux/Shell/Ruby tools needs.
- Assisted in analysis and testing duties.
Aventail - SDET
January 2001 to October 2001
- Built Perl Based Test software for SSL security configurations tests.
- Developed software completely on my own Debian Laptop.
ShopNow.com / Network Commerce
June 2000 to September 2000
- Lead Perl programmer on a RedHat Linux based website product.
Intel - SDE
January 2000 to May 2000
- Helped team build and analyze web based application for new thin server product.
- Development was on Linux with Apache, as this was the most convenient starting platform.
Quanta Investments - SDE
September 1998 to December 1999
- Built, almost completely on my own, from bottom up, a Linux based customer fulfillment software.
- Initial research involved testing software aspects of Debian, RedHat, Mandrake, SuSE versions of Linux.
- Eventually settled on Mandrake.
- Did extensive domain research, including staff interviews, to establish design needs.
- Tested entire system on my own, and got it working without serious failures.
- Included a ReadWrite and a Readonly copy of MySQL databases, Object Based Perl scripting to do GUIs and administration.
- Made its own automated backups, with notifications.
- Was installable in entirety with RO backup on bosses laptop, so that he could have maintained copies of his own.
- I deployed first version, and it had high availability and reliability, and immediately increased quality of data through helpful validations.
Early Linux Experience
First experiences with Linux began in 1993, and after 1994 I always have had a Linux system in my home. Through most of the 90s I was used to compiling my own kernels (I was already
a Unix C programmer at that time). Linux flavors I've worked on over the years include: Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat, CentOS, openSuSE, Fedora, Slackware, Mandrake, Gentoo. I have also used BSD, Sys5, Solaris, Ultrix, Vax/VMS, AIX, qnx, TOPS-10, Perkin-Elmer OS/32.
B.A., Economics, University of Washington. Cum Laude,
Phi Beta Kappa. Focus on mathematics and statistics.