Software Service Manager - Plan and Coordinate internal tools development, QA, and ongoing automation maintenance
for a medium to large sized software service. I have a lot of energy, a wide range of skills, and tend to be very productive,
in coding, analysis and interpersonal tasks. I would hope to still get my hands on the code, and if it was a smaller venture,
I would expect to do much of the coding myself. I expect a significant amount and complexity of work.
I don't want a situation where I am not challenged.
Rhapsody Online, first at Real Networks, and then in spinoff
to Rhapsody International
June 2007 to October 2010
- Re-vamped Build Tools for 2 major rewrite releases
- Developed support monitoring tool using Ruby and curl with extensive reporting, and a complex coordinated menu system.
- Wrote 2 major versions of complex web oriented markup comparison tool using Ruby, curl, and the diff utility and a little nokogiri.
- Wrote 2 major versions of test signoff management tool, one in Ruby on Rails
- Developed simple Ruby on Rails configurations data manager.
- Created a test support probe using Ruby and Curl.
- Created a complex probe time report using Ruby.
- Installed and Managed internal Ubuntu and CentOS servers, and the software tools and resources thereon.
- Constulted with managers and administrators throughout the company with regard to issues of support and resource needs.
- Acted as QA liason and Analyst for a wide range of needs.
June 2007 to July 2007
Bugged defects and helped regress existing bugs for Ubuntu's Gutsy
Desktop and Server products using the
project brokering web site. Achieved karma points of as high as
CoCo - Software Engineer in Test with Developer Activities
November 2006 to May 2007
- Wrote a test harness for multi-platform work using Ruby,
Bash, SSH, Cygwin. Python used in early draft.
- Wrote automation scripts for Windows, Cygwin, and Debian hosts
- Assisted with other test and analysis needs.
onAir - Software Developer in Test
June 2006 to September 2006
- Assisted in test automation tool analysis and prototyping.
- Assisted with other consulting and script-writing duties.
Real Networks - Software Development and Test Engineer in QA
June 2005 to June 2006
- Wrote internal tools in Ruby, Ant, Java and Bash for Build and QA tasks.
- Assisted in analysis and testing duties.
Other Experience Left off for now, but goes back to 1983.
B.A., Economics, University of Washington, 1982. Cum Laude,
Phi Beta Kappa. Focus on mathematics coursework (48 credits from
math department, 10 credits statistics from economics department).