The web server maintenance has been completed. I apologize for taking longer than anticipated. The virtual disk was close to full and I had to resize it to make more space available for web applications and database data.
I ran into some problems doing this. Resizing the image went fine but the version of gparted shipped with Ubuntu 17.10 is broken and refused to resize a partition on a virtual disk. I got around this by downloading from gparted’s site instead of using Ubuntu’s gparted but it took me a while to come to that fix.
The partition is now resized to take advantage of the larger image and all is well.