[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Forged "Virus Alert" email; do not open!
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Forged "Virus Alert" email; do not open!
- From: Eskimo North Support <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:31:53 -0800 (PST)
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Resent-date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:32:35 -0800 (PST)
- Resent-from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-message-id: <"TXpw43.0.-G6.b02201"@mx2>
- Resent-sender: email@example.com
In case others are getting this forged email as well, there was a call this morning to verify an email with the subject "Virus Alert From eskimo.com Virus Report Center"; this was forged and included an HTML link to an external site. Do not click that link; we have no idea what it is, and with the given subject may be a virus-installing script itself. Details of the one we caught (and reported to abuse admins where it originated): ----- Received: from jyavoe (55-BAR2-X10.red.retevision.es [184.108.40.206] (may be forged)) by mx1.eskimo.com (8.9.3/8.8.8) with SMTP id IAA24417 for <[...]@eskimo.com>; Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:10:21 -0800 From: Marcy <Syblenlvwwuqsqh@apexdisplays.com> Reply-To: <Syblenlvwwuqsqh@apexdisplays.com> To: <[...]@eskimo.com> Subject: Virus Alert From eskimo.com Virus Report Center Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:09:01 -0600 Message-Id: <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gkcgnhvxfu_1074269400" [HTML encoded below to cause clikcable links, etc.] To:[...] From: eskimo.com's Internet Virus Department We have detected a possible computer virus on your computer, You must open the details of the report within 24 hours our we will be forced to shut down your internet service. Please Click Below Then Press "open" To View The Report If you do not open this report in 24 hours we will suspend your internet service If nothing apears on your virus report please dis-regard this message [link to a site on 0zo8868zbzi7zg4d0zaj0d.eumedcorp.com] ----- Eskimo North Support | Voice Numbers - (206)812-0051 or 800-246-6874 email@example.com | Voice help available 7am to 10:45pm Mon-Fri PO Box 55816 | and 11am to 6:45pm Saturday and Sunday Seattle, WA 98155-0816 | Fax us at - (206)812-0054