Spam

     The large increase in spam recently has been due for the most part to
Windows machines on the Internet which have been compromised as viruses acting
as spam relays.

     The nebulous nature of this source has made it very difficult to block.

     A secondary effect was the overloading of many DNS black lists formerly
used to filter spam necessitating their removal.

     I have found a number of replacement RBL's and implimented them this
morning so you should see a reduction in spam, for a while at least.

     In the long run, I am working on an OS upgrade for our servers that
ultimately will allow us to install some newer tools.