Subject: Scientology looses its case in Greek Court of Appeal -fwd-
From: [email-masked] (Jeta)
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 13:19:16 GMT
Newsgroups: nl.scientology,alt.test

From      : Tony Bosnakoudis <[email-masked]>
Date      : Mon, 05 Jan 1998 11:51:23 +0200
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Scientology looses its case in Greek Court of Appeal

Greek Justice gave the final decisive blow to Scientology with the
verdict of the Court of Appeals, ordering KEFE (Scientology's
Mission in Greece) to a permanent shut down and liquidation, while
at the same time condemning Hubbard's theories.

According to the Sunday, January 4, 1998 edition of APOGEVMATINI
newspaper, the Court of Appeals with its 10493/1997 verdict
describes KEFE as an organization with totalitarian structures and
trends, which despises man, aims at power and money, teaches the
survival of the powerful and ruthless, applies dangerous methods
without preventing the possibility of suicide of its members,
brainwashing them and corroding its opponents' reputation.

It says that Hubbard's theories aim at money and power. So it
creates a serious obstacle for Scientology to operate in any
disguise, since the condemnation can be regarded as not being
isolated only to KEFE, but to any group promoting these theories.

It mentions that the Dead Agenting policy is activated against
anyone reacting negatively against Scientology, these people are
called "enemies" and considered to be in a "state of treason".
This "lifts any concept of individual freedom". It also calls
high-handed and illegal the auditing, purification, postulate etc
methods because no safety measures are taken, because they pose
dangers to the health of the persons receiving them and are
conducted by non-scientifically skilled persons but by ones that
only know Hubbard's theories, while the person is questioned about
his personal life.

The verdict also mentions that "It was fully proven that the
participation in KEFE brings a personality change to the member,
in his behavior towards others and especially to his family
relations, which sometimes are completely broken because of their
negative attitude towards Scientology.

... It was fully proven that KEFE is an organization with
totalitarian structures and trends, which essentially despises
man, acts freely "in phenomenon" in order to attract members, who
are then subjected (with all the above mentioned processes and
theories) into a brain wash, aiming at the creation of directable
way of thinking and minimizing objections (basic positions of the
Scientology founder's theories), so that we are standing in front
of beings with no personal will, who have lost the capacity of
making decisions as products of their free will, since they have
passed through the propaganda filters of Scientology and the
suitable processing, become susceptible to the "truths" it
applies, without having motives to examine and evaluate".

The Court of Appeal said that KEFE is not a religion - something
it uses in order to have privileges - but only an economic
enterprise, in violation of its Statutes.
                                  -,-

--  Jeta. 

  [ http://www.xs4all.nl/~jeta  *censored* since Aug 1, 1997. ]