The Java Development Kit (JDKTM) lets you write applets and applications that conform to the Java Core API.Note: Before you use the JDK, please read the Copyright and License Information.
The following are links to documentation in this release and to our website about the JDK and Java.
The JDK Software Bundle
- Start here. This gives a general introduction to the JDK, how to contact JavaSoft and other important notes of concern to developers.
- Changes since previous releases.
- Demonstration Applets
- Simple examples that demonstrate Java.
The JDK Documentation Bundle
- JDK Documentation (local)
- If you have downloaded and installed the JDK documentation, you can access it locally from here.
- JDK Documentation (JavaSoft website)
- If you have not downloaded the JDK documentation, this takes you to our website for the same information.
The JavaSoft Website
- JDK Download Page (JavaSoft website)
- Visit this page to download the JDK software or documentation, or for other information related to the JDK, such as accessing the tutorial, the Java Runtime, the source code release, or other JDK-related technology.
- JavaSoft Home Page (JavaSoft website)
- This is the front door to all information from JavaSoft on Java.
The JDK is a product of Sun Microsystems, Inc. JavaSoft is the operating company of Sun that develops the JDK.