Subject: [FG]: Scalar Light Bulb

From: Jerry Volland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 06:03:21 -0800

Hi, everyone.

When the energy saving frourescent light bulbs came out, I decided to try
them, especially since the 99 cent store had them for two for a dollar.
Being an electrician, it was an easy matter to rig up a socket on the end of
an extension cord so I could hang the light whereever I wanted it, which
worked fine untill it was accidentally broken.  At that time, curriosity got
the best of me and I dediced to open the base and see what kind of ballast
the bulbs use.  To my surprise, I found a complex electronic circuit which
looks like it incorporates pulse forming techniques with 180 degree phased
outputs.  Subsequent investigation has shown that different brands use
different circuits, some of which are quite complex.

At any rate, for a dollar, the bulb can be discarded in favor of using the
circuit(s) for other experimental applications.  One thing I've noticed is
that when I jiggle the extension cord's plug in the sloppy recept on the old
drop light while I'm plugging the flourescent bulb in, the contact will arc,
sending a red spark out about 5/16" with a tiny red ball on the end.  The
fact that the spark goes a certain distance and stops indicates a
longitudinal effect, especially since the length of the spark is far greater
than that which would be produced at the 120 Volts AC.  This effect is
completely and consistently reproducible as long as there is enough slop in
the recept to allow some overlap with the plug before jiggling makes and
breaks contact. (This reminds me that someone said that the Tunguska event
could also have been a free energy effect caused by three ball lightnings
coming together, although he didn't mention anything about the required
angles or varying sizes.)

Using the bulb itself with an interruptor, it should be possible to send the
ready made scalar energy through an additional series component.

JV

---

From: Charles Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:34:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jerry:

Here is a little info on the case and purpose of the circuit.

Gas tubes run on current.  To provide current within the operational
limits of the tube one must limit the current. A gas tube when allowed to
draw as much current as it wants will simply draw more and more until it
blows your fuses or blows up. (which ever comes first) This limiting is
usually done with a bridge suspended limiting circuit (high speed
switcher) connected in series with the gas tube.  (this takes place of
the series inductor in a conventional gas lamp)

After ensuring that your tube will not blow up, you still have to start
it.  This is typically done by applying a "start boost" to the tube,  In
a conventional florescent tube a filament is used to avail the gas before
the run current is applied (thus shorting the initial arc distance). 
With a compact bulb a boost voltage will be applied to the tube to kick
start the lamp (usually about 700V)  There are many different methods of
applying the start boost.

The start boost explains the extended complexity of the system.

> ready made scalar energy through an additional series component.

Charles Ford
KC5-OWZ
[email-masked]
[email-masked] 

To be absolutely sure you make it past the "SpamGuard" you can simply include my ham-radio callsign (above) somewhere in the message body.  I have a filter set.

---

From: Jerry Volland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:08:10 -0800

Hi, Charlie.

Thanks for the additional info.  I'm wondering if this higher voltage would
also appear at the line voltage input?

And, since the variable capacitance of the plug in the sloppy recept
projects the longitudinal spark with the little ball, do you think the
circuit could be scaled up with bigger caps and a much lower frequency to
produce a larger BL?
As it is, it looks like something out of Star Trek Voyager, in which two of
the little red balls are accelerated to collide at a 90 degree angle,
sending the composite energy out a much greater distance than the usual near
field distance limitation associated with longitudinal effects.

Regards,

Jerry

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> Sent: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:34:43 -0700 (PDT)
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [FG]: Scalar Light Bulb
>
> Hi Jerry:
>
> To be absolutely sure you make it past the "SpamGuard" you can simply
> include my ham-radio callsign (above) somewhere in the message body.  I
> have a filter set.

---

From: Charles Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:42:34 -0700 (PDT)

> also appear at the line voltage input?

This would be downstreem only (on the bulb side) However; I have seen
some real crap designs out ther. You might also be able to see a surge
current at the line side durring the start cycle. 

Charles Ford
KC5-OWZ
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

---

From: "Mark Jordan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:04:51 -0300

I have some 40W fluorescent lamps with broken filaments. Is there
some circuit to start and use these lamps?

	Thanks.
	Mark Jordan
	PY3SS

On 20 Jul 2005 at 14:42, Charles Ford wrote:

> To be absolutely sure you make it past the "SpamGuard" you can simply include my
> ham-radio callsign (above) somewhere in the message body.  I have a filter set.
> 
>

---

From: Charles Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:15:42 -0700 (PDT)

Florescent tubes use a hot cathode.  You may be able to start the lamp by
shocking it with a barbaque grill starter.  They may run after they are
started but will stop the moment power is interupted and will require
starting again. Alas the smoothe and easy use is gone forever.

I have noticed that the Chinese 20000 mcd UltraWhite LEDs are avaliable
at close to $0.80 ea.

--- Mark Jordan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > > Thanks for the additional info.  I'm wondering if this higher
> voltage
> > > would
> include my

Charles Ford
KC5-OWZ
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

---

From: Jerry Volland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:31:29 -0800

Hi, Mark.

You might also be interested in knowing about the Imris' circuit (patent
no.3,781,601).

:  An optical generator of an electrostatic field at light frequencies for
use in an electrical circuit, said generator having a pair of spaced apart
electrodes in a gas-filled tube of quartz glass or similar material with at
least one condenser cap or plate adjacent one :electrode and a
dielectric-filled container enclosing the tube, the generator substantially
increasing the electrical efficiency of the electrical circuit.
. . .
:  an optical electrostatic generator which is effective for producing high
frequencies in the visible light range of about 10^14 to 10^23 Hz.
. . .
:  the present optical electrostatic generator does not perform in
accordance with the accepted norms and standards of ordinary electromagnetic
frequencies.
. . .
:  The device can be used in a flourescent lighting circuit, with motors,
flash lamps, high speed controls, laser beams, high energy pulses,
electrostatic particle precipitation, chemical synthesis (such as ozone
generation), and charging means for high voltage generators of the
VandeGraph type, as well as particle accelerators.
. . .
:  The device removes the component of electricity which produces heat.

For flourescent lighting, Imris shorted the pins on the ends of the tubes,
indicating that the filaments are not used, or necessary.

At higher pressures, the device becomes Over Unity.  For instance, with a
Xenon filled tube at 5,000 torr in a series circuit with 100 40 Watt
flouresent lamps (with a single wire going to each end of each lamp), the
optical generator pulls 332 Watts, with each lamp pulling 9 tenths Watt (at
5 Volts) for 3,200 lumens output (8.8 Watts) per tube - giving a total for
the circuit of 880 Watts output for 442 Watts input.

As far as the compact flourescents - what I call the Scalar light bulb - I
know someone who is using the circuits to power normal flourescent lamps, so
you might try one of the circuits with a burned out tube.  If the voltage
pulse it puts out can jump the break in your filament, it might still work.
If not, try reversing the tube, on the chance that only one filament is bad,
in case the two outputs of the circuit are different.  If all else fails,
try putting an interruptor in the AC line going to the circuit.

Regards,

Jerry

> From: [email-masked]
> Sent: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:04:51 -0300
> To: [email-masked]

---

From: "Mark Jordan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:49:09 -0300

> You might also be interested in knowing about the Imris' circuit (patent

	That is a very interesting patent! Thanks. 

> know someone who is using the circuits to power normal flourescent lamps, so you
> might try one of the circuits with a burned out tube.  If the voltage pulse it
> puts out can jump the break in your filament, it might still work. If not, try
> reversing the tube, on the chance that only one filament is bad, in case the two
> outputs of the circuit are different.  If all else fails, try putting an
> interruptor in the AC line going to the circuit.

	I did some homework and found these links:

	http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/jshidbal.htm
	http://www.discovercircuits.com/F/fluor-lamp.htm
	http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/40wflamp.htm
	http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/flampdrv.htm

	Now is the time to get the good old Weller...
	Mark Jordan

---

From: "Mark Jordan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:48:28 -0300

> You might also be interested in knowing about the Imris' circuit (patent

[...]

> optical generator pulls 332 Watts, with each lamp pulling 9 tenths Watt (at 5
> Volts) for 3,200 lumens output (8.8 Watts) per tube - giving a total for the
> circuit of 880 Watts output for 442 Watts input.

	The example given in the patent description is VERY similar to one 
of those 8W fluorescent tubes!   And the construction is very simple.

	I'm looking to one 8W tube laying on my desk for months...
	Have to wrap some aluminiun foil on it an do some experiments.

	Mark

---

From: Jerry Volland <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:28:57 -0800

Hey Mark!

I'm glad you found a really easy approach right off.

A large brake fluid can should work for the outter cylinder, but I don't
know how well the brake fluid would work for the dielectric - you might have
to use mineral oil.  As I understand it, it has to have the dielectric or it
won't work.  Also, for the highest frequencies, it's essential to use
triangular foil tubes, but it will still generate longitudinal signals with
foil bands.  The frequency can be as low as you want, depending upon the
resonance of a tank circuit you hook to it.

P,S.:  Thanks for the other tube links.

Regards,

Jerry

> Sent: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:48:28 -0300
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [FG]:Imris Patent
>

---

From: "Howard Malone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:06:12 -0500

Since I'm getting these postings at my office, I thought I would give my
input. I subscribe to the Pure Energy Systems discussion groups and am
an experimenter myself. What is this project you're working on?
Incidentally, brake fluid is nothing more than mineral oil with coloring
in it.

Howard

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Volland [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 9:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [FG]:Imris Patent

Hey Mark!

A large brake fluid can should work for the outter cylinder, but I don't
know how well the brake fluid would work for the dielectric - you might
have
to use mineral oil.  As I understand it, it has to have the dielectric
or it
won't work.  Also, for the highest frequencies, it's essential to use
triangular foil tubes, but it will still generate longitudinal signals
with
foil bands.  The frequency can be as low as you want, depending upon the
resonance of a tank circuit you hook to it.

Regards,

Jerry

---

From: "Mark Jordan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:00:28 -0300

We are talking about the Pavel Imris patent:

	http://tinyurl.com/9fc9f

---

From: Jerry Volland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 19:44:26 -0800

Hi, Mark.

Your 8 Watt tube idea seems like a good place to start with your Imris
circuit.  Once you get the cup capacitors attatched, put a sandwich bag
around it for the dielectric and center it in a beer can.  The cup
capacitors only have to connect to one pin on each end.

To wire it up, place the little frourescent tube in its normal circuit, but
also extend an additional wire on each end, from the pins that the cups are
fastened to.  These extra wires are connected to 10 or 12 nine Volt
batteries plugged together in series, and these batteries can also be in
series with a 40 Watt tube, for testing, or the batteries can be in series
with some other device or component.

The Hiddink patent (#4,096,162) shows the basic capacity changer circuit to
use for charging a Van de Graff type ball electrode.

If you're going to switch the battery circuit, connect the positive to one
end of your 8 Watt tube and connect the battery's negative lead to an
inductance such as one coil in a small transformer, with the other end of
the inductance going to the switch.  Then connect the interruptor switch's
output to the other wire at that end of your tube.  The 40 Watt tube will
then go in this last part of the series circuit, with the switch and the
small coil. http://www.escribe.com/science/freenrg/m17742

This is the basic circuit as I understand it, without having done the
charging test.  Let me know what you think about it, or at least what you
come up with in your experiments or ideas.

Regards,

Jerry
http://www.geocities.com/stationarydeck