Subject: [FG]: Free Energy (nearly free)

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 02:00:02 GMT

Well this will be my first post I offer this idea for those who are willing to try ways the save money and believe in the power of free energy . Well i should start off by saying that this really isn't free energy but an energy supplement. Basically what if you hooked a hydro generator to your incoming water line? This way every time you take a shower or flush the toilet you generate energy i have thought this out in great detail but before i go ranting and raving about it tell me what you think.

---

From: "ROBERT MACELVAIN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 02:33:57 -0500

I think that you would create a greater practical energy savings by
attaching an efficient heat exchanger to your hot-water waste drain
lines. Or, again, using an efficient heat exchanger, feed a copper
loop down your common sewer drain, sufficiently far to tap some of the
hot-water energy that your upstream neighbors are wasting. Your idea
of robbing mechanical energy from your incoming water pressure lines
will leave you with annoying waits on bath tub fills, your toilet tank
will seem to take forever to refill, and your lawn sprinkler will
experience a greatly diminished coverage.  In my view, robbing energy
by reducing the pressure from incoming water service lines is about as
practical as attaching a bicycle generator to your beanie propeller so
that you can warm your socks while you are coasting downhill on roller
skates. Slow-MotionThermonuclear.com

On 4/22/07, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>
> Well this will be my first post I offer this idea for those who are willing
> to try ways the save money and believe in the power of free energy . Well i
> should start off by saying that this really isn't free energy but an energy
> supplement. Basically what if you hooked a hydro generator to your incoming
> water line? This way every time you take a shower or flush the toilet you
> generate energy i have thought this out in great detail but before i go
> ranting and raving about it tell me what you think.

---

From: "G N" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:46:15 +0300

Also, I think you will produce small amounts of energy even for your own 
use.

Except that, ask yourself how often that extra energy would be available. 
How often do you use water? If the answer is "all the time", please 
reconsider your acts and don't waste water. It is valuable.

---

From: Doug <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:18:47 +0800

Since this would have certain problems associated with it, perhaps you
could (if you are interested in using water flow for practical
applications) consider one of:

- Using an electrostatic generator coupled with a ultrasonic
humidifier, generate a high voltage cloud of water vapor and see if
you can make your own lightning. (would this work? If I had a
humidifier I'd try it myself...)

- Since any conductor moving through a magnetic field will generate a
current across it, build a no-moving-parts generator using the flow of
water (saline most likely) across a magnetic field to generate power.
(see http://www.springerlink.com/content/2684728233221521/)

- Consider constructing a solar driven turbine system similar to the
solar-chimney structure, but using water. (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_updraft_tower)

- Exploit induced charge in water droplets that are used by the Kelvin
water-drop generator to do... something (see
http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2005/kelvin.shtml).

There are lots of possibilities. Don't be disheartened just because
your first idea might not have been practical. Keep thinking, try
things. Experiment. =)

cheers,
Doug.

---

From: "M J Mitch Mitchell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 04:41:42 -0700

You would be better off creating a system to utilize the motion of "walking" 
and storing the resultant power in batteries as we all do plenty of that 
every day.  The irregular water usage along with the small quantity would 
not offset power costs more than a few pennies a month.
Should you be so lucky as to have a small creek with as little as 50 foot of 
fall on your property, you can supply all of your power needs with a small 
hydro plant with say, a Tesla turbine spinning a generator. If not familiar 
with Tesla's turbine, do a google search for lots of data.

quote
Well this will be my first post I offer this idea for those who are willing 
to try ways the save money and believe in the power of free energy .
etc, etc.

_________________________________________________________________
Don’t quit your job – Take Classes Online and Earn your Degree in 1 year. 
Start Today! 
http://www.classesusa.com/clickcount.cfm?id=866146&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.classesusa.com%2Ffeaturedschools%2Fonlinedegreesmp%2Fform-dyn1.html%3Fsplovr%3D866144

---

From: Jerry Volland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 04:44:40 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I think this could be a good idea.  Here in Phoenix, the water mains are pressurised to around 120 psi and a pressure reduction valve has to be installed on the supply line.  Usually to drop the pressure to 80 psi or even lower.  With a hydro turbine in the line, the pressure valve could be less severe or left out all together and the outlet pressure would still be normal.

"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote:    Well this will be my first post I offer this idea for those who are willing to try ways the save money and believe in the power of free energy . Well i should start off by saying that this really isn't free energy but an energy supplement. Basically what if you hooked a hydro generator to your incoming water line? This way every time you take a shower or flush the toilet you generate energy i have thought this out in great detail but before i go ranting and raving about it tell me what you think.

---

From: "M J Mitch Mitchell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 04:51:41 -0700

You would offset any savings buying laxatives to keep the water flowing.  
Lol!

Quote;
Well, I think this could be a good idea.  Here in Phoenix, the water mains 
are pressurised to around 120 psi and a pressure reduction valve has to be 
installed on the supply line. etc,etc.

_________________________________________________________________
Interest Rates NEAR 39yr LOWS!  $430,000 Mortgage for $1,299/mo - Calculate 
new payment 
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-19132&moid=14888

---

From: "Laszlo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:01:03 -0700

Although I believe your device would only provide intermittent power in
small quantities, it still has merit and is worthy of further study.

Multiplied by thousands or millions, the aggregate power generation would be
substantial.  Commercial/industrial customers may also benefit.

A small generator designed to replace the common household water pressure
regulator would be a logical choice.  My pressure is stepped down to about
75psi +/- from a consistent psi north of 100, so a device to capture the
pressure difference would amount to significant savings over a long term.

One concern would be the cumulative effect if everyone did this.  I'm not a
water engineer, but my guess is that there would be costs borne through
losses in production and distribution efficiencies that would offset
somewhat the gains realized at the consumer end.

Carried through, I imagine you'll also need to contend with the
political/economic ramifications: e.g., arguments between/among utility
providers (water/wastewater, electric), political issues (municipal
governments/planning departments, public works agencies), and legal issues
(insurance, liability, etc).

Interesting idea though - good luck...

LaszloM