Subject: [FG]: Free Radiant Energy from Crookes Radiometer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:36:47 EST

I wonder what the largest Crookes Radiometer has ever been made.

How many watts could be generated if one would succesively link 500-1000 
Crookes Black/White wheels to a thin driveshaft inside a large vaccum.

Enough to turn some magnets and trickle charge a battery I would imagine.

Regards,
Glenn

---

From: Sayyad Glassford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 03:40:25 -0500

Wasn't there a movie a while back that had a desert planet's 
electricity being provided by radiometer generators? I'd think that if 
it could be done on earth it would have been by now.
Perhaps it'd be practical in space where there is already a very large 
vacuum and there is a lot more radiation. They could be made from 
inexpensive and light plastics instead of fragile and relatively heavy 
glass for cheap and simple (maybe automatic) deployment.
I'd certainly spend some time playing with radiometers and generators 
if I had the capacity to produce a decent vacuum, you never know what 
you might discover.

On 6-Jan-05, at 1:36 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> How many watts could be generated if one would succesively link 
> 500-1000 Crookes Black/White wheels to a thin driveshaft inside a 
> large vaccum.
>

---

From: E S <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:57:38 -0800 (PST)

Hey,
 
Yes indeed there was such a movie, it was called "Pitch Black" and was actually pretty good considering it had a small budget and the fact that Vin Diesel was in it!
 
Take Care,
Ed

Sayyad Glassford <[email-masked]> wrote:
Wasn't there a movie a while back that had a desert planet's 
electricity being provided by radiometer generators? 
		
---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
 Yahoo! Mail - 250MB free storage. Do more. Manage less.