Subject: [FG]: Bob Shannon?

From: "Kyle R. Mcallister" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:02:16 -0400

Hi all,

Anyone have any information on how to get in touch with Robert Shannon?
His old email address of [email-masked] doesn't appear to work anymore.

Anyone hear anything from him in recent times?

Working on some of this 'scalar' stuff, trying to figure out if there is
actually anything to it or not. Anyone else here tried this stuff before?

--Kyle

---

From: Zack Widup <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:33:25 -0500 (CDT)

It's been at least 10 years since I heard from Bob.  I suspect he's 
dropped off the Internet. Hopefully he's still alive ...

I had some pretty good e-mail exchanges with him way back when.  He sent 
me a piece of the same ferrite material he used in his Barkhausen 
detector and I built one.  Noticed some anomalous signals with it.  I've 
been thinking of digging it out and playing with it again.

Zack

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:37:34 -0700

Gee.....   Bob Shannon ??

Let me un-zip that part of my memory....
******************+
done.

Wasn't that some sort of ghost detector?  Um with a part on it called a widgetizer....
or   a "Gimic"

Ill bet you have questions about the "gimic"  It was like some wires twistied together.

---

From: "Kyle R. Mcallister" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:01:42 -0400

> Let me un-zip that part of my memory....

The thing you are referring to is the "Scalar Electrostatic 
Gradiometer". That's not what I'm looking for him about. I know what the 
"gimmick" is, twisted wires to give a low pF capacitor. There was some 
speculation that leakage current across the insulation of the gimmick's 
wires had some effect on the device's operation. But I never did much 
with the gradiometer.

I am more interested in actual "scalar waves", assuming such a beast exists.

--Kyle

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:27:09 -0700

Kyle.

I remember we(group) engaged in a great deal of descussion on the subject.  At this point I am thurally convinced that scaller exists (in various levels of cancelation).  I am also quite convinced that they are not as special, un-usual, or useful, and thier proponants suggest. 

> --- "Kyle R. Mcallister" <[email-masked]> wrote: