Subject: Re: [FG]: Free Energy Ethics

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 9:31:38 -0500

It all depends on what you want to do. If it works and you want to help humanity and not be the next Bill Gates then your best option is to release it to the world and patent it at the same time.

If you release it and don't patent it you open up the possibility for someone else to patent it and totally screw you.

As far as the media goes, check on who owns 'it' before you convince yourself that they will spread your word. General Electric owns NBC and other outlets - they have a LOT to lose by the invention. They make tons off of nuclear power plants, electric generators, etc. I don't know all the companies the media comglomerates own, but thier bottom line is more important than you or me.

Unless the invention is so simple, so basic that it can completely replace coal and oil in under a years time then there should be no concern to economies of the world. There will be losers of course - all those heavily invested in today's technologies- but that has been the case after every innovation. 

Where are all the candle-makers today?

If your invention ruins the life of one investor for every real person it helps, I'd have no qualms about it. Today's business ethics is that it's ok to screw the common people if your investors can gain another penny. There are no morals in free trade capitalism.

Good luck
> 
> From: "G N" <[email-masked]>
> Date: 2005/03/29 Tue AM 04:50:20 EST
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [FG]: Free Energy Ethics
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> I would like to start a discussion about the ethics involved in releasing a
> free energy machine for public use.
> 
> Would this cause chaos?
> Would this make the world a better place to live?
> Would you be in danger in anyway? (great conspiracy etc)
> 
> Also would you go for a patent or give it away for everyone to use? After
> all it's your discovery.
> 
> I think that I wouldn't be in any kind of danger.
> In such a case I would become too famous and the invention would be known to
> everyone.
> A patent would make that possible and would protect me against unauthorized
> use of it. Some would say that 'great conspiracy' would steal my patent from
> me but I don't think so. It might be true for the US patent office but there
> are a lot more out there.
> What about EU patent offices? Japanese? Chinese? And a lot more.
> 
> Beside that there is also the power of media. If you were on TV, who wouldn'
> t know about you. I am not talking about uneducated people whom I respect
> but the scientific community. What about lawyers? They also would have
> something to add on your behalf.
> 
> What about causing chaos???
> I think that would be a problem. Oil would become useless which will cause
> its prize to fall. World economy is based on oil. What would be the
> consequences of it? I think world economy would become unstable causing
> another great crack like 1920's. That would be a bigger a problem for the
> most developed countries.
> Do you think the world economy is mature enough to resist such a hit?
> 
> Of course the world would be a better place after balance is restored.
> Nuclear energy would become of use. Cars would not use oil. There would be
> enough energy for recycling our rubbish. Space travel would get a boost and
> it would possible for us to send our chemical waste to the sun.
> 
> What is your opinion?
> Any more ideas?
> 
> 
>

---

From: Zack Widup <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:17:28 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 [email-masked] wrote:

> It all depends on what you want to do. If it works and you want to help 
> humanity and not be the next Bill Gates then your best option is to 
> release it to the world and patent it at the same time.
> 
> If you release it and don't patent it you open up the possibility for 
> someone else to patent it and totally screw you.
> 

Moray B. King addressed this in his book "Tapping the Zero-Point Energy".  
He referred to it as "the Prometheus Game".  

I posted an excerpt from it here many years ago.  I recently had a hard 
drive crash and that piece of text was one of the things I lost.  I can 
dig out the book and re-quote it if anyone is interested in what he had to 
say.

Zack

---

From: "John Mount" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 21:06:34 +1000

Subject: Re: [FG]: Free Energy Ethics

> It all depends on what you want to do. If it works and you want to help
humanity and not be the next Bill Gates then your best option is to release
it to the world and patent it at the same time.
someone else to patent it and totally screw you.
                      =========================

If you can manipulate the laws of physics and you are smart enough to
invent a, 'you-beaut-little-or-no-input-free-energy-device' then this is
how I see it:

   IF you can convince the patent office to grant you an appointment to
   discuss your FE invention; IF you can then convince them you are sane 
   and that you do have a genuine FE device, and IF afterwards they don't 
   politely show you the door, you will then have to apply for a world 
   patent, not just for a single country - for obvious reasons- naturally
   this is going to cost big bucks and presumably take some time!

   For however long it takes you to receive this patent you will be
   constantly looking over your shoulder. Why? The patent office will 
   undoubtedly have your device assessed by 'experts'.I'm guessing that 
   there will be others during the course of events who will be told 
   about your patent application. What then do you think your chances are 
   of keeping your device secret from the energy conglomerates who have  
   (well paid)'eyes and ears' everywhere?

   Then of course there is the Government (who do you think the patent
   office belongs to?) They too have eyes and ears everywhere - if not in
   the patent office then via the FBI, CIA etc - (I would not be surprised 
   if every patent office has standing orders to report to the government  
   any successful FE device that comes to their attention!) Otherwise a
   concerned official from the patent office or a very high board member
   from one of the energy monopolies will have a word with a senator or 
   other government representative and next minute the FBI or some other
   agency is on your doorstep demanding your device and paperwork. Of 
   course not long afterwards your patent application will be refused on 
   the grounds of "National Security" and you will be told to keep your
   mouth shut or else!

I'm only relying on memory here but didn't old man diesel"fall overboard"
during a sea voyage? And how did Tesla's lab "accidentally" catch fire,
and why did Henry Moray start totin' a gun? What about all those other
poor sods who tried to introduce new ideas like, Meucci,Stubblefield et 
al?

Surely no one is naive enough to think that the big fuel companies and
others who have so much to lose are just going to sit back and watch
their multi-trillion dollar companies (and their own asses) go down the
gurgler?

The question is - are their ways of getting protection and reward for
one's FE device other than a patent??