Virtual Private Servers
Private Virtual Servers run a private instance of the Linux distribution of your choice, Fedora, CentOS, Scientific Linux, Debian, Mint, Ubuntu, OpenSuse, are all in use and we will happily attempt others.
You have super user access. We will initially install the operating system. We will make backups, and install updates on an ongoing basis.
We will initially install ssh and x2go server to allow remote command line access and full graphical access with sound with a Mate desktop. KDE and other non-compositing Desktops are also available upon request.
Servers can be equipped with multiple IPv4 addresses and we will provide rDNS and also forward DNS upon request. By default servers will be mapped into vps(x).eskimo.net names.
Our virtual servers are on modern 64 bit fast hardware and we do not over commit our resources the way the majority of our competitors do so you will have excellent performance that you will not find elsewhere at any price.
Two Year Pricing
Five Year Pricing
- The same Acceptable Use Policy that applies to shell accounts also applies to Virtual Private Servers.
- Data overages will be charged only if we go over our base usage with our co-lo provider. Then the charge will be $20/100GB/month over your allowed maximum.
- These will all be on RAID10 file systems, we don’t rely on SSDs because in the long term they are unreliable. It is better to have enough RAM not to have to rely on fast swap.
- Additional IP space is available at $3/IP/month. IP usage must be justified.
- Automatic payment via Debit or Credit card is required for month-to-month service.
- Additional disk is available for $2/100GB/month.
- Talk to Us if our offerings don’t meet your needs. Customization to meet your needs is what we do!