Client mail server:

     I apologize for the brief interruption of around 9pm tonight.

     I have encountered in the past several delays when I went to post mail but I could not find a resource shortage to explain it and I had set no upper bounds on the number of processes postfix could launch so that should not have been an issue.

     Tonight I happened to have an xterm open on mail when it did this and I was able to determine the issue was that it was running out of RAM and had to swap other processes out to make room.

     I increased the amount of RAM allocated to this machine from 2GB to 8GB to address this issue but it required a shut down and reboot to make it effective.