I decided to remove the Slackware from the shell servers today.
1) It was not being used, about a month between logins on average and then only brief logins.
2) It was not being maintained. I’ve seen no updates for a long time.
3) I could not get x2go to work on it. There have been problems since it’s installation and they are not being resolved.
4) It works only with non-GPT partition tables, and this precludes using boot-repair if something goes wrong.
5) It uses the lilo boot loader, also precluding the use of boot-repair if something goes wrong.
In short it was a lot of effort to maintain. If it were getting used, I’d make that effort, but it was not.